31: The Birthday Present

Chapter 31: The Birthday Present

One time seeing the wife is enough to bring me chills. Second time might give me the nightmares. I just hope there's no third as it'll be the death of me. But here I am, in a downtown watch store to buy Costa a gift for his birthday and will finally meet the precious Xenia later tonight. Again. For the third time.

I prayed to God that second, even if I'm an ill soul, to just at least have me endure the night with not just Costa's blood related family, but also his legal wife.

Thinking about it, I don't even know any of his mom or anyone related to him, other than Wayne and Costa.

The black or the brown one, I thought again trying to divert my growing thoughts about Costa's background.

My mind couldn't think straight so I then asked the sales person not a mintue later, "What do you think would be better?"

The lady around mid twenties flashed a gorgeous smile at me and chuckled, "May I know more about your boyfriend?"

"Oh no h-he's a... Friend of mine" I settled and nod once, "A good friend of mine that is"

So much for being smart. I blushed at the thought of him and I together. How would that look like? How would it be when we no longer need to hide from public, from my friends, from his friends, from both our families?

Would that time even come?

Of course it won't, my rational mind argued.

"Oh pardon me, is he sporty? Or a businessman? Athletic men most likely uses this kind of watch" she pointed to the grey strapped watch, my line of thoughts cut. "if for business, you might want these" he showed me the ones with stainless steel straps and thin watches.

"More like a businessman. Can I see this one please" my lips twitched in a small smile knowing full well he looks like a man who wears classy compared to athletic.

The afternoon turned like this. Me finding a good present for the birthday boy.

Xenia has came back from Greece last night and Costa left before then. Of course that is to take out suspicion. But I wasn't too anxious leaving him with her. It is quite a busy day for him today - with business and a meeting with Mr. Crusoe for some legal concerns. One of which was his father's building and another he so called 'secret case'.

I bought the steel smart watch that costs $275 and exited the shop not long after. Walking down the sidewalk, I paused when I saw the poster in a fashion boutique juat near where Robin's shop is.

There stared the woman who makes me want to run for the hills and never come back.

Xenia has parted lips with both her hand on her face - sultry and cheeky pose in one. She's just advertising some set of bracelet and she looked drop dead gorgeous. How alluring could she be when wearing great clothes, nice hair, and all?

So much for my confidence. I scoffed and ventured down the sidewalk, pursing my lips. If I could only be more beautiful, be taller, be skinnier...

Problems of 18 year olds...

Never really thought Xenia's a big face like a brand cover model. Being the wife of a millionnaire sure have its perks.

I turned for the next block as my phone rang. I took it from my pocket and read the caller ID.

C. Kazilieris.

"Hey"

I heard some shuffling and the voice I miss spoke, "Hey babe, no rain check tonight yes?"

Babe. He just called me that? I bit my lip to stop myself from grinning like a maniac, I'm in the middle of the square with huge number of people. "Yes I'm in. Everyone will be there? I'll tag along with Cyan"

"Can you go with Robin instead?" he whined.

"Are you jealous of my bestfriend?" I giggled.

He siged, "I'm not. It is just not normal to have exes together don't you think?"

"We're friends first. It is not like we are seeing each other like couples. You know Robin would diss me everytime she can"

"Why do girls fight over petty things" the murmur too loud for me to hear.

"Hey it wasn't petty" I pointed out. He was the reason we fought. He isn't something so little, he matters to me too.

"Don't sweat it, she has been whining about Wayne. She called me just now. I just needed to tell you that she's going to the party tonight and you need to fix it with her"

"Are you really concern about me and my friends?" I hummed, "I guess I have to reward you on this"

It was his turn to chuckle, "A reward? May I ask what kind?"

"Kind of wet" I teased. No dirty minds guys... I meant a kiss and that is the truth.

"I'll take note of that then"

"Sure you do. How'd you get my number? It wasn't saved in your contacts last I checked"

I finally arrived at the loft lobby, moving my way to the stairs.

"I memorized it" the revert came.

"I don't know how you did that"

"Photographic memory, so I remember how your freckles paint your face, your chest, the dimple on your hip, even the small moles on your... You know" he dicreetly stated.

I have three small moles down there, I didn't know at first but Cyan saw it and claimed I have it... So I got to know after 18 years of living.

"Genius" I rolled my eyes and entered the apartment, "Gotta go, I'll prepare for tonight. Make sure you go commando for easy access"

I ended the call with a kiss sound, not feeling bad about it. It is this far we have gone from mere acquaintances.

I just wish it doesn't go all wrecked tonight. Arriving at my living room, I tossed my bag, my coat and took my wedges off. Not knowing this night might be the worst Friday night in my life.

Author's Note

I know this is short. Just 1000 words.
I'll make it up to you guys on the next chapter.

The next will be about Robin dissing Dione, as well as some Costa and Dione's sneaky kisses, bathroom quickie, and all that fucking shit.

Happy New Year everyone! Have a prosperous one!!!!