Chapter 2

Jim didn't want to admit it-not out loud at least-that Toby was right. He was sore all over. Even with the armor, it was a hard blow and fall. He can't even imagine that pain Toby is in right now. He groaned in pain as he slowly opened his locker and took his books.

"Hey, Jimbo." Toby greeted him when he closed the locker room. "Hey, Tobes. How are you?" Jim cracked his back. "Sore all over. You?" "Same."

They somehow managed to drag themselves to their class. Jim was preparing for another flying paper but it never came. The classroom was eerily silent and Jim wondered why untill Toby pulled at his hoodia and pointed at the and of the classroom. His eyes widened.

The new girl, Alexandra had a white kitten with beautiful blue eyes on her desk, petting her. All eyes were on her and Steve was looming over her, looking smug and smirking.

"So, beautiful." Oh, dear God. Steve was even talking smug. "How did you get your cat to school?" "Mrow." It wasn't Alexandra who replied but the kitten. Steve looked at the cat that back at Alexandra. "Well?" "Meow." "She is answering you." Alexandra looked up at him.

"Mru." The kitten rolled on her back and Alexandra chuckled. Steve shook his head and smirked again. "So. Wanna go out today with me?"  Alexandra looked up at him, caressing the kitten's belly. "I'm dating someone who has a bigger dick than you."

The class burst into laughter and Alexandra smiled up at him. He growled at her. "I'll get you. You'll see. I'll get you and you'll be mine."

The ring rand and Mr. Strickler came in. "Good morning class, sit down." They sat down and the kitten jumped down from Alexandra's desk and went to sit on the teacher's desk.

 Jim noticed something. Mr. Strickler seemed to fumble more with his pen than usuall and seemed nervous. "Before we start, I have projects to assign into pairs." Whispers started and studenty turned to look at their best friend or-in the case of Steve and Eli- scapegoat.

Mr. Strickler cleared his throat. "Not so sudden, class. I will separate you into groups." The whole class groaned. Strickler chuckled softly and looked over the class. "Jim Lake. You are with Alexandra on this. Since she is new here." Jim turned to look at Alexandra who smiled in return. "Mrow." The kitty seemed to agree.

After class

"Wow, Jimbo. You're so lucky that you're with the new girl." Toby seemed all too happy for Jim's tastes.  "Not that word I had in mind Tobes." Jim sighed and started to walk away from his locker. "Whaaat? What do you mean by that? Everyone wants to be with a pretty new girl."

Jim sighed. "Tobes. I don't even know her. I wanted to be with you or Clair. As always." Toby patted Jim on the back. "It's gonna be ok, Jimbo. She seems like a nice person. And who knows?" Toby chuckled. "Maybe-" "Don't go there, Tobes." Interrupted Jim.

"Jim?" A sweet voice made them stop and turn around. Alexandra was walking towards them with her kitten in her arms. "Hey. I just wanted to talk about something." "Yeah? About What?" Jim wasn't in the mood.

"Your place or my place." She smiled sweetly. Jim stuterred and Toby elbowed him with a smug smile. Alexandra laughed. "I meant the project, silly. 'Life of Napoleon', remember?" Jim coughed nervously. "Oh. Yeah, yeah. Umm? Your place?" Jim rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Alexandra smiled. "Alright. I'll wait for you near the museum. I'll give you a ride. Seven o'clock, today?" Jim gulped. "Sure, yeah." "Alright! See you soon, silver knight." "Meow!" "Ok." Jim said softly and she started walking away.