Ch. 35

Fernbelly leapt at Wolfclaw. She pushed him down and bit his shoulder. He swung her around and onto her back but she twisted around and bit his tail. He growled and clawed at her back. She let go and they stared at each other, panting heavily. 

             "Good job Fernbelly," approved Wolfclaw. "Make sure your belly and back are exposed as little as often, especially your belly." Fernbelly nodded. They were in one of the many room of the abandoned Twoleg nest. Wolfclaw was training Fernbelly, Flamepelt, Littlebird and Brackenfur. He was proud of his warriors, they were skilful and strong. 

             "My turn," Flamepelt said jumping to his paws excitedly. Flamepelt, Wolfclaw thought, was about ten moons old and a young cat. He should have been an apprentice for two more moons but Wolfclaw knew he was strong enough and smart enough to be a warrior. 

             "Alright, throw everything you've got at me," smiled Wolfclaw. 

Night lay down and closed her eyes, she mumbled under her breath. Wolfclaw pricked his ear. 

             "What was that?" he asked. 

            "We're ready," she said. Wolfclaw nodded. They were resting in their own den, laying on hay. 

             "Should we tell them?" asked Wolfclaw. Night shrugged. 

            "Whatever," Night smiled. "You're leader too, you need to make a few decisions yourself, you know?" Wolfclaw smiled and nodded. He got up and shook the hay off his fur. He walked along the wooden beam near the Twoleg roof and looked down at the lounging cats below him. His cats. 

          "Rogueclan, gather around," called Wolfclaw. The cats sat up eyes fixed on Wolfclaw. "It is time. We will go into the abandoned Twoleg nest in Riverclan territory and we will bring down destruction and wrath on Riverclan." Roars of approval went up and the cats talked to each other excitedly. Wolfclaw smiled, digging his claws in and out of the wood. Night joined him at his side, smiling. 

           "Tonight, we move into our new home," she growled softly but all cats heard her.