Mean in Me

Sunset strolled through the locker hall, students whispered and hid, some trapped themselves in their lockers. A boy in square glasses rushed up to me and pressed textbooks into her chest,

"Here, Trixie told me to research how constellations form." he said, nervously, "So uhm, I gotta go!"

"Wait!" I quickly cried out, "How did you find out about my new friends?"

"Just read the Canterlot High Press!" he called back before scampering away.

I rubbed my chin and made my way toward the Canterlot High Press stand in the opening hall. Feather Weight was giving out the newspaper, leaflet, applications to join the club and the new Canterlot Magazine addition he had just added. I pushed my way through the crowd, most people tried to make way for me. I grabbed a magazine and gaped at the headline.

SUNSET'S SQUAD

Our reporter has found that Sunset Shimmer, voted Biggest Meanie Freshman Year, has a new squad, consisting of Trixie Star and new-girl Starlight Glimmer. Rumours are spreading that students started voting them as "Best Friends" as opposed to Twilight Sparkle, Apple Jack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Turn to page 8 to read all about it.

I threw the Magazine onto the table in front of Feather Weight and pointed right at the page.

"Explain why my friends and I are on the cover on every single one of these things!" I demanded whilst pointing at the "Brief Leaflet" and the newspaper itself. He started to tremble,

"Please! My brand needs good stories if I want to make a career, and I've gotten so many applications to join the club after this story!" he protested, pointing directly at the sign-up sheet, which was covered in signatures, "I just need drama, and you've been the centre of it for days, if you can just keep it up, that would be great."

I groaned and picked up the magazine, and walked away, shoving people out of the way as I did. I was reading the magazine for a bit, getting really into his article on the upcoming Friendship Fair, which was originally going to be hosted after the Friendship games but was postponed due to Camp Everfree, and how it would be hosted in a couple of months.

The bell rang, I bumped into someone, knocking them to the ground, I reached out my hand to help them up, and they shoved three star-shaped models before inching away on their back, when I inspected them, I noticed they said "VIP Access" on them. I looked at the girl again,

"Access to what?" I asked. The girl gulped.

"The clubs. You know, backstage in the drama club, the final checks on the Canterlot High Press and also the art group," she said, before running away. I looked down at the badges and smirked.

Perhaps having just a little control would be alright...