Slumber 101

[Hey reader! I'm so proud of you for getting this far, if you didn't like Starlight being the centre of attention, that's fine, we're back to Sunset now, if you did like it, it'll be happening again!]

Trixie put down her orange juice with a bright smile on her face, 

"I just had the greatest and powerful-est idea! Slumber party at my house! My parents are out for the whole night, and it's the perfect opportunity to work on our science project and get to know each other more! Are you in?" she exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air with a smile, I shook my head but smiled, and nudged Starlight, who smiled and nodded, I eventually gave in and nodded too. Trixie fist-punched the air with a grin, before snapping her fingers, 

"SNIPS? SNAILS!" she called, the two boys scrambled up and saluted at the three of us. Starlight giggled, "I need you to go get Slumber 101 from the library and a full box of chocolates from the snack supplies underneath the snack table. You can grab your own bow as well, if you want, but leave one box completely full." 

The two boys scampered off to the school. I giggled. 

We all left in Trixie's car, I grabbed my pyjamas from my empty apartment, but before going back to the car I sighed and flopped on the couch. I looked over to the other end of the couch, where Flash sat when he asked her out. Maybe he'd forgotten breaking up with her, since it was kinda a good memory. She looked down at her stomach. She felt it twist and turn and spin. 

"No, Sunset, you don't like Flash anymore, besides, he has a crush on Twilight," she whispered to herself. She heard the loud honk of a car horn, so she jumped up and ran out, hopping into the car and sitting next to Starlight. Starlight smiled at me before Trixie started up the car and we zoomed away. 

~

A deep and evil laugh boomed out of the TV, Starlight jumped and gave me a tight squeeze, I giggled and rolled my eyes, but gave her a pat on the head for comfort. Trixie crunched on her caramel popcorn, getting really into the movie we were watching, while I picked at some chocolates. 

"Dark Moon, calm down, I'm typing in the code now." protested Lilac Blonde, in her feminine and innocent voice. I gripped my blanket a little harder, and Starlight started to shiver and I could hear Trixie's crunch become more aggressive as the suspense rose. 

The white-skinned villain looked at the innocent protagonist, and let out an evil cackle, and the "To be Continued" screen appeared. I threw the blanket down, 

"Oh come on! It was just getting good!" I exclaimed, but Starlight seemed relieved that it was over. Trixie sighed and grabbed Starlight's hand to start painting her nails sea-green. 

"We'll have to watch the next movie when it comes out in a few months," she said. Starlight blushed, 

"I've actually already read all the Lilac Blonde books, but the movies are much scarier then words," she said, as Trixie carefully applied the nail polish. Trixie raised her eyebrows but nodded. I got up and brushed down my clothes which were covered in popcorn bits and chocolate crumbs. 

"Does Dark Moon get Glax-bot to work in the end? Wait, no, did Dark Moon finally force Lilac Blonde to go out with him in the end?" I asked excitedly, Starlight laughed, 

"The fifth book hasn't come out yet, and the fourth ended with Dark Moon trapping Lilac Blonde in the Glax-bot incomplete, so I don't know if that is how he tests Glax-bot or to force her to fall in love with him, but we don't know yet," she said, pushing her glasses up her nose, I groaned and flopped onto the couch. 

"There's so much I don't know about Lilac Blonde, even though it's the greatest franchise in the world. We should host a Lilac Blonde meetup, we'd be certain to get members," she said, nodding at the Lilac Blonde headband in Trixie's hair. Trixie shrugged. 

"Maybe after the Science project, everyone will be rushing to catch-up clubs and science clubs and homework clubs. It's the biggest project of the school year that will determine 73% of our final grade, after all." she said, "Speaking of that, we should start our research." 

We spent the last few hours giggling and joking whilst gargling funny constellations and making jokes about their stupid names and how such weird shapes made people think of such random things that look nothing like the patterns before we all fell asleep on couches and in sleeping bags at 11 pm.