9: Just Keep Swimming

Keeping my hood up to cover my pink hair, while avoiding any means of contact I found a seat far in the back corner of the bus. As the bus finally began to move my breath became labored, my body shaking as though I had lost all control, and the tears started to block my vision as the shock began to wear off.

          I couldn't get Kelly's face out of my mind, or the gun shots and her screams as they echoed off the alleyway walls like haunted music. The image replayed itself over and over again behind my eyelids, like a picture I can't remove.

            The familiar feeling of helplessness, weakness, and worthlessness crept over me like a snake in a birds nest. Puting my hand up to my mouth to stop the screams that wanted to escape my throat, I bit my hand as hard as I could without drawing blood but enough to leave a red angry mark. My nails cut into my hands like glass as I clenched my fist creating small red crescent moons on my palm. My body jerking as I held back the sobbs wanting to be heard. 

       About two seats ahead of me sat a little girl and her parents, the dad handed the little girl a tablet that's had a familiar frozen image on it. The little girl tapped the tablet with ease as Finding Nemo continued to play from its seen of Dory singing 

"Hey Mr Grump Gills

You know what you gotta do when life gets you down?"

         A light smile graced my face as I listened to the toon maybe I was losing my mind finally. To think the fish was right or I had was hoping this was a sign cause I know I needed one. I soon dozed off to the sound of the song being sang by Dory.

      "Just keep swimming

Just keep swimming

Just keep swimming swimming swimming

What do we do we swim, swim, swim

OH HO HO How I love to swim

When you WAAAAAANNTTT to swim you want to swim"

************************************************************

Zack P.O.V 

    I hope Summer wasn't still mad at me after last night. I tried calling her last night right after I got off work but her phone went straight to voicemail. Fuck I was an idiot to think I could just make demands at her, and think she wouldn't rebel.

          I just wasn't thinking that's what, I let my heart control my words and actions. Have you ever cared for someone so much that there wasn't anything you wouldn't  do for that person, to love someone so whole heartedly that if they are in pain your soul cracks every time.

       Well that's what Summer was for me and it hurts to know that I was the one to hurt or upset her. Calling her cell again to only get voicemail only urged me to quickly go through with my morning routine. I mean if she's still not answering my calls ment she must have been pretty pissed off, but that's the thing Season wasn't the type to hold a grudge.

           I come down the stairs speaking grabbing the nutella out the cabinet and pushing my toast down into the toster all simultaneously. "Morning dad, I'm off to Summers place see you at school." Picking up my backpack and car keys in one hand, my other holds my nutella, while my mouth holds the toast and before I could even make it to the door I'm stopped. 

      "Zack wait we aren't going to school today, we have to get to the hospital its your cousin, there's been some accident."

************************************************************

SO NOW THE CHAPTERS SHOULD PICK UP AFTER & I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT BUT PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THE STORY SO FAR