8: Hear No Evil

Kelly Revenue's eyes showed total disbelief as did my face I'm sure. 'Why in the hell did I do that?, What in the heavens made me open my mouth?' I had no kinda answer to these questions, but I knew I had to start moving my ass like last week.

      "Who the fuck are you?" The main questinaire yelled at me.

     "Who cares who the hell she is just shoot her."

      "We don't need anymore bodies on our hands."

        Multiple voices gave out what they believed they should do with me. But I wasn't looking at them I was looking at Kelly. I guess I must have frightened them enough to drop her, cause she was slowly shimmying away from the men. Being smart I decided to follow her lead and slowly inch my way towards the exit. We were about twenty or so feet away from the opening of the alleyway so I looked at Kelly and by some miracle we both simultaneously knew to run.

      "Hey get them!" one of them must have noticed us as gun shots started ringing out like music at a nightclub as I ducked and dodged the raining bullets. Kelly gave out an ear bleeding scream her arms wrapp around her body as if to deflect the pain, her head making contact with it edge of the trashcan as she fell to the ground. I stopped I couldn't just leave her like this. I grab a hold of her arm trying to get her to gain consciousness. She gives out a moan, the sound of running feet hitting pavement getting louder "Keep going" Kelly whispers, as blood seeps from the wound on her head and looks up at me with tears in her sad but determin eyes. When I don't move she pushes me clumsily and yells as blood and saliva flies from her lips "Go god damn it, Leave NOW!"

        I stand and back away slowly, knowing they were getting closer to us as I battled my heart that wanted to stay a help but my brain also knew that I wouldn't be able too for then we will both die. 

       As their feet hitting pavement got louder, my breathe got heavier. With one last look at Kelly, and a soft spoken apology I was running.

       Tears blinded my vision as I continue to run, not knowing any direction. I didn't stop till I was at home but even then I knew I had to keep moving, I run up to my room pulled my duffel bag and luggage from out the of my closet. I began shoving clothes and other items within my bag, my body was on auto pilot as I rushed to chech the buses schedule leaving out of town for one-way within the next hour.

      I got on the bus only to stop once at an ATM to get as much money out of my account my parents saved for me when I was little. I never thought I would touch it but I had to get out of here fast. I won't let that happen to me again, I can't.

     I walked up to the ticket booth as a little old man turned around to face me he asked "Where to mam?"

   "Anywhere thats going one way" I croaked a reply. The little old man eyebrows rose up slightly as he studied me, I shifted uncomfortably, on the balls of my feet. Something flashed across his face then he went to grab something still looking at me. I turned away not able to keep looking  into his deep chestnut colored eyes that seem to look right through me.  The sound of throat clearing caught my attention as I turned back to him, quickly he put something in my hand & nodded. I noticed it was a ticket and something else, I went to reach for my purse to pay him but he stopped me. As his hand held on to both of mines I looked up at him, he shook his head and said "Whatever it is you are running from, I pray you find the peace you keep chasing." With that he pushed me off towards my train that seemed to be getting ready to leave. I gave somewhat a shaky smile to the old man and was off.

************************************************************

STORY TO READ: Wanderlust

A strong desire to travel

Charlotte Brikers has her life planned out for her via her mother and her nagging sister. She's going to take over her mother's fashion company when she graduates college, despite Charlie's hatred of the industry, she has no choice. Needless to say, she isn't happy with her life, and she just wants to get out.

She gets her chance at escape when she's locking up at the local cafe where she worked when Thomas Jackals runs into the store, running from the cops. Charlie grows a soft spot for him almost immediately, despite his dangerous past. Helping this fugitive suddenly turns into a road trip for two across the country, running from the cops and the past.

This story means a lot to me because I too suffer from wanderlust so yeah check it out its funny & sweet & just amazing