Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I stood in the door looking at him while he walked away to reach my sister's room. I felt my heart aching, I just wanted to cry. He did seem to feel something for me, but it was only care, it was not love. He loved my sister. I had to accept that. A tear ran down my cheek...

“You're beautiful sweetheart.”

I looked at Margaret who was standing in front of me and rubbed away my tear. I smiled at her.

“Thank you. It's perfect, I don't know how to thank you.”

She smiled at me..

“There is no need, I did it with pleasure. Ahm Christa, maybe there is something you can do for me.”

I looked up at her curiously.

“Oh tell me, I'll do anything.”

She looked at me strangely and her gaze softened.

“Don't give up on my son.”

I looked stunned at her.

“What?”

“I know you are in love with him.”

My heart lost a beat and my eyes widened.

“Oh my God, is it that obvious?” I asked weakly, there was no point in hiding the evidence.

She smiled at me.

“Well, I guess for me it is, you look at him with the eyes of love, the way I looked at his father when I met him. Christa I like you, much more than I like your sister.” She confessed.

“But he loves my sister, he will never love me.” I said looking down, feeling tears coming back.

“Don't be so sure, sometimes it just a matter of time.” She said grabbing my hand. “ I would love a daughter in law like you.”

I couldn't believe what she was telling me.

“Thank you. I appreciate really.”

“I have to go now, please don't tell anything to Darien, this will be our secret.” She said winking at me. I smiled.

“Of course.”

The following day I got up in a very bad mood, I was really down. I couldn't stop thinking that in few hours time, Darien and Serena will be engaged. Not much is going to change but it was a step further in tying their lives together. In losing Darien forever. I didn't eat much at breakfast and after helping mum I just locked myself in my room, I didn't want to see anyone. At around four Coleen came to knock at my door.

“Christa, it's better if you go and take a shower, at 5.30 we have to leave.”

I was still lying down on the bed when she came in. My eyes fixed on the ceiling, looking in space, thinking on what Darien's mum had told me, on my life, on my forbidden love. Maybe I should just try to forget him once and forever, I could never win against Serena.

“Christa.”

“What?”

“What's the matter, you're so sad.” She said sitting down next to me.

“It's nothing, I'll go and take a shower.”

“Christa, please don't be so down, you knew this was going to happen. I've told you so many times to stop thinking about him-”

“Do you think it's easy to stop loving him? Do you think it's my pleasure to keep on suffering like this? I just can't do otherwise, Coleen you don't know what it means to be in love, not yet. When you'll fall in love, you'll understand that we don't choose the persons we love. It's something that happens when the least you're expecting it and probably you'll fall in love with someone you never thought you would do. I can't help it. I love him so much. This is killing me. I feel awful.” I said hiding my face in the pillow.