chapter 1

"C'mon louis, we don't wanna be late!" Jay yelled as she picked up her big winter coat off of the coat rack by the front door.

Louis came running out of his room with an action figure in one hand and his sippy cup filled with his favorite, chocolate milk in the other.

"I'm ready mummy!" the two year old yelled, running and jumping up into her arms, both laughing in unison.

"Gotta put your jacket on first, silly boy." She said, tickling louis' chest, making him let out a small giggle.

After struggling to put the small adidas jacket on louis, Jay stepped out of the door, locking it behind her with louis in her arm. She quickly unlocked the car and set Louis in his small, blue carseat.

"Ready to go see the baby?" Jay said excitedly, tightening the last strap on Louis' carseat.

Louis, being too distracted by his action figure didn't answer.

"Well this is going to go well." Jay said to herself while starting the car up.

The Styles' family lives not too far away which is great for Louis because he absolutely hates long car rides.

After about 3 minutes of driving, a small little voice comes from the back seat.

"Mummy?" Louis says in a soft tone.

"Yes, Louis?" Jay says, looking in the mirror, seeing Louis fidgeting with his little hands.

"Is the baby gonna like me?" Louis asked, not making eye contact.

"Of course he is!" Jay said in a cheerful voice. "Would there be a reason he wouldn't?"

"No." He said and then looked at the small rain droplets on the window, watching them all slowly move from the fast wind blowing them away.

"There is nothing to worry about, Louis." She said confidently. "He is gonna love you. I promise."

About 4 minutes later, they pulled in the driveway of the Styles' house. Jay turned off the car, stepped out, and rushed over to Louis' door, unbuckling him and set him on the ground. She then shut the door and grabbed Louis' hand. As they came closer to the door, she could feel Louis' hand get tighter and tighter. She stopped and bent down, facing toward the nervous little boy.

"You don't need to be scared, Louis. He is just a little baby and won't be able to hurt you at all." Jay explained, sounding hopeful.

Louis gave her a sad look and then focused on the ground.

"What if I told you that Gemma is here too?" She said cheerfully.

Louis looked up giving her a big smile. Louis loved Gemma. Gemma was Louis' best friend and has been since he was born. Jay then stood up and walked them both up to the front door of the Styles' house and gave a small knock. A few seconds later, a small girl opened the door with a smile on her face.

"Louis!" Gemma yelled as she ran out, grabbed Louis' hand and pulled him inside.

"Gemma!" Louis yelled back.

"I missed you, Gemma!" Louis said as he pretty much tackled her into a hug. The adults standing around watching, laughed at the two who were now on the ground giggling.

"Come on in, Jay!" A tall man said happily as he shut the door behind her.

Jay took off her coat and shoes and then walked toward the living room where she saw her best friend, Anne, holding her new baby boy.

"Oh my goodness!" Jay said as she rushed over to Anne, sitting next to her on the couch. "How are you?" She asked cheerfully, embracing Anne in her arms.