chapter 15

eight months later. both boys are now going to the same school.

"i'll see you later alright?" louis patted his hand on harry's back.

"alright see ya." harry said.

they both split ways and walked to their lockers. as louis walked up to his, he noticed his "friend", hannah standing by it, texting someone on her phone.

"hey." louis smiled.

"hi." she looked up and gave him a smile back.

"you uh..." he paused. "you look nice today."

"thanks." hannah blushed. "you too."

louis finished putting his bag in his locker and grabbed his binder and notebook that he needed for class.

"you ready?" he asked, shutting his locker.

"yeah."

they both had their first two classes together, so they spent a bit of time talking to each other, being told to be quiet by both of the teachers.

After a few hours, it was time for lunch and hannah was waiting at louis' locker like she usually does. louis put his stuff away and walked with her to the cafeteria. he got his lunch while she waited and then he lead her to the table he usually sits at, which she hasn't been to yet. as they walked up to the table, louis could see that harry, niall, and liam were already sitting there which was normal, but he was scared of what they would think of a girl sitting with them.

before louis could say anything, harry turned around to see him and an unknown girl walking to the table. he first looked at louis and smiled, then to the girl next to him who smiled at him. he returned the smile and turned back around while louis and hannah sat across from him, next to niall.

"hey guys, um, this is my friend, hannah." louis introduced her.

the three other boys said hi in unison and then went back to eating their lunches, now a little more awkwardly. louis' two other friends, zayn and oli who usually sit there eventually came over and made it somewhat less awkward, but harry couldn't help himself and kept looking over at louis and hannah. he could feel the jealousy creep up inside of him, which he tried to fight because it seemed dumb, but seeing louis talk to her and not him obviously made him a little jealous. he tried to ignore the two obviously flirting with each other and talked to liam and niall until lunch was over with.

once the bell rang, harry quickly dumped his tray and ran down the hall where louis was already walking by himself.

"hey!" harry smiled, stopping by louis and began to walk the same pace as him.

"hey." louis returned the smile.

"is your um... friend gonna continue to sit with us?"

"probably why?" louis asked.

"i-i was just wondering." harry stuttered. "anyway do you wanna come over after school? I'm at my mum's so she'll probably let you."

"i don't think i can today sorry, haz." they both continued to walk down the hall, but at a slower pace than all of the other students, getting a few glares from annoyed kids. "hannah is coming over today so we can work on a project we're doing together, sorry."

harry could feel the jealousy inside of him grow stronger. he knew that they were only hanging out because it was for a project, but harry still had a small feeling that she was taking louis away from him.

"oh." harry paused for a few moments. "alright, um, that's okay."

louis looked at harry and could see that he was a little hurt. he obviously didn't mean to make him sad, but he still felt bad for the boy.