Prologue

00.

∆ ∆ ∆

∆ ∆ ∆

After an hour of looking over the schematics of Project Exodus, he looked over at the clock. It was almost time. Jamie got up and headed to the B deck of Factory station where the culling would take place. When he got there he saw Abby and Kane watching as Jaha shook hands with everyone that had volunteered. 

"What changed his mind?" Abby asked Kane.

"Just the truth. I reminded him that transitioning to a new chancellor would be, destabilizing." Abby finally turned to look up at Kane. "We can't afford anymore upheaval."

"No, we can't." Abby looked back to Jaha.

"I left two men monitoring the radio. If there's any word from Raven-" Jamie stopped listening as he saw Tor standing behind a man in line.

"Tor," Jamie said as he walked up to the man. "I just wanted to say thank you. For everything."

"You don't have to thank me. Factory takes care of their own." Tor told him as he gave Jamie's shoulder a squeeze.

"I know. It's just after my parents-." He stopped to hold look down for a second before meeting Tor's eyes again. "You really looked out for me. I just wanted to pay it back, I'll look after Reese when you're gone."

"Well, she's always had a little crush on you," Tor said jokingly, as he remembered his daughter always blushing when Jamie would come over to visit. "So you going to adopt her or something?"

"God, no! That would be a disaster." Jamie chuckled as he gave the man a crazy look. "But I'll always be there when she needs me."

"You were always shit with kids," Tor said as he smiled up at Jamie. "But, thank you. May we meet again."

"May we meet again."

With that Jamie walked away not even looking back, knowing that if he did he wouldn't be able to get over it. Taking a deep breath he headed towards the control room. When he entered Sinclair was there already, getting everything ready.

Jaha, Kane, and Abby finally walked in with a couple of guards behind them. Everyone watched as the volunteers filed into B deck through the cameras. 

"Sir, all vents and hatchways to Section 17 are closed. We have a hard seal." Sinclair told Jaha who just stood there not moving. "Sir? The order?" He questioned him.

Jaha walked up to the panel and moved Sinclair's hand out of the way. He pressed the button and we all just stared at the screen, waiting. 

"And we hereby commit these souls to the deep who at their last gave all to the world of the living. May they be remembered forever. Until there is no more pain, no more suffering, and the abyss itself shall give up her dead and return them to us." Jaha spoke as the people on the screen slowly drifted off.

∆ ∆ ∆

I'm so excited to start writing all of my ideas down! It might be another couple of chapters before Bellamy and Jamie actually get to meet. Any type of positive comments or suggestions are always welcomed. I have about 20 different ways this story could go, so I'm sorry if sometimes it takes a while to update. There is no update schedule so please bear with me. Hope you guys enjoy!!