Chapter Five: Promises

I immediately stopped laughing and smiling. "That's better." Bill said, landing on the ground again. "So, how'd you end up here?" Bill said, returning to his natural happy tone of voice. "Oh, I was just wandering." I said, trying to match Bill's tone. "I wander too. Around dreams. Making them all nightmares." Bill said, happily jumping around me. "Really? I saw you in my dreams last night and it wasn't a nightmare." Bill stopped and turned around. "That's because, I, uh... I didn't feel like it. Yeah. That's it." I turned my head sideways to see Bill's face. He was blushing. "I have a question." I asked. "Um, okay. What?" Bill said. "How does a triangular demon like you blush?" I asked. Bill blushed even more. "I don't know. Stop asking me questions." Bill turned to face me again. "I was just-" I started, smiling. "What part of stop asking me questions do you not understand?" Bill snapped. "Jeez, sorry." I rolled my eyes. "Watch your tone, Cipher." Bill threatened. "Oh, you're trying to threaten me? Pathetic. An empty threat." I said, stepping closer to Bill. "I wasn't making an empty threat." Bill held up his hand, making a blue fireball form around it. "Don't make me use this." He said. "Pah. You would never use it on a little girl." I said. "I would too." "Then do it." "I can't." "Why?" "Because Pinetree's watching us." I turned towards the Mystery Shack. Sure enough, Dipper was standing outside. "Fine." Bill put his fireball hand away. "Do you want to come see?" I asked, facing Bill. "Will Pinetree let me?" He asked. "Probably not. But still. I want to mess with his overprotective mind." I said, starting towards the Shack. Bill floated up and followed me.

When I reached the shack, Dipper was standing there, very unimpressed. "Can I see you for a moment, Cipher?" Dipper asked. "Which one?" Bill and I said at the same time. "The one that's not a demon." Dipper said. "I believe that's me." I said. "Over here, on the other side of the Mystery Shack." Dipper said through his teeth. "Okay." I said, following him. "So what did you want to tell me?" I asked. Dipper shoved me against the wall. "How many times must I tell you, DON'T deal with Bill. He brings nothing but trouble." Dipper whispered. "Don't worry, Pinetree. I won't." I whispered as well. "That also means talking to him." Dipper said quietly. "What? But I like talking to him!" I said. "Shh! It's just... Don't deal with him, okay?" Dipper said. "And I said, I won't. I promise." I said. "Really?" Dipper asked, letting go of me. "I promise." I said.

(A/N I intend to keep that promise. Or do I?)