Young K

-all of my best friends like to go and get fucked up- best friends, grandson

it was a normal day where you and all of your best friends were skipping school. Yes that's normal for you. You guys never really did crimes, well two of you did. dowoon and wonpil, they always got everyone in extra trouble. you, young k, sungjin, and jae just did the basic things of getting high and chillin. you were at young k's house when his dad stormed through the door.

"what the hell is this brian?"
"uh dad what are you doing home?"
"i could ask you the same thing."
"it's not what i-"
"it was my idea. all of it. the weed, the skipping, everything my idea. i'm sorry mr. kang."
"really y/n? you of all people. i'm baffled honestly. i thought i could trust you around my son."
"i know sir. i'll just leave."
"no you won't. i want you to be here when i tell your mother."
"yes sir."
"the rest of you get out." the rest of the guys left sending you sad pats on the back as a way of thanks for taking one for the team.

brian just quietly stared at you while his dad went downstairs mumbling. once he didn't hear footsteps he turned to you.
"why?"
you heard your mom pull up and figured this was probably the last time you would be able to talk to your best friend since kindergarten, kang younghyun. you decided to tell him the truth once and for all.
"your willing to sacrifice everything for love i guess."
"wait wh-" you went downstairs hearing his dad call you down. he stood there stunned.

-on the way home-
"honestly i'm just so disappointed y/n." when you just sat there quietly she continued, somewhat hopelessly. "is this your way of telling me you don't appreciate me? i feed you, clothe you, put a roof over your head, and you go and do this?"
you stared at her in shock tears in your eyes.
"maybe you just want to go live with your dad."
"no. that's not at all what i want."
"then you better shape up(cuz i need a man and my heart is- k i'll stop) because i'm not taking any of this shit anymore."
once you got home you went upstairs after giving your mom your phone like she asked. you took a shower changed into pajamas and went to sleep, not even eating. you were honestly too guilty to do anything as trivial as making food.

next day at school
"y/n!" you heard him calling our name along with the others. you opted for just hanging out by yourself for the day. too scared to face younghyun after your confession. once you got to first period brian sat behind you and tried handing you a note but you got up and threw it away. you could feel everyone's eyes on you. they all knew you two were best friends so when you did that to him they were baffled. the rest of the period was silent.

-at lunch-
you couldn't sit at their table so you just sat out in the hall, not eating once again.

"y/n. why are you doing this to him." you heard jae sitting next to you.
"because. all of its my fault."
"no it's not. dowoon and wonpil bought the weed not you y/n. also why did you take the blame? you didn't have to."
"because i love him." you mumbled.
"i'm sorry what?"
"i said i love him. i didn't want him to get yelled at by his dad. i know how much it hurts him."
"y/n." you finally looked him in the eye.
"don't pity me. i'm just gonna go to the library or something. don't wait up."
"y/n!"
"bye jae."
you didn't go to the library. you just went to your house. you went to the backyard and climbed into the old treehouse you and brian built with your dad. memories started to fill your head.

"brian! look it's a pine cone!" your nine year old self said.
"woah it's so big!"(that's what she said)
"i know right." you set it on the small knock knack shelf in the treehouse, next to other things you've found with him.
"hey little monsters!"
"yes dad?"
"time for lunch, your mom made sandwiches."
"cool! come on brian!" you took his hand and ran into the house.
you started grinning to yourself while looking at that same shelf. you saw a picture hung up on the wall of your family with brian's at the park.
"he still hasn't come back?" brian asked you. the two of you were thirteen now.
"no. mom said he hasn't called her either."
"it's ok y/n. i'll always be here." he hugged you while you cried silently.
you started crying without noticing. you stared down the picture on the wall. you heard your mom come into the treehouse.
"y/n..." she rushed over to you and hugged you while you sobbed into her shoulder.
"why did he leave?"
"i don't know sweetheart."

-that night-
you stayed in the treehouse that night just to feel pain. you thought if it's the only thing you can feel right now might as well be consumed by it.
young k saw the light in your guys' old treehouse on and decided to see if it was you in there at eleven at night. he knocked on the little wood door of the treehouse to see you open it.

"hey."
"hey." you were so quiet he almost couldn't hear you.
"are you ok?"
"i'm fine."
"no you're not y/n. i know you. can we talk about what happened the other day?"
"sure." you let him up and then closed the door.
"before you talk can i just say that i know you don't feel the same. i just had to get it out, since i figured i'd never be allowed to talk to you again."
"y/n my dad still doesn't believe everything was your fault. he knew you were just sticking up for us. and as for me liking you? i'm in love with you. the way you smile as much as you can everyday, the way you laugh, the way you say my name, the way you put up a brace front for everyone, the way your eyebrows wrinkle while your concentrated, and basically everything about you."
you stood in shock then hugged him.
"i love you too."
he leaned down to kiss you and wrapped his arms around your waist. "will you be mine?" he asked when you pulled away.
"of course."
you spent that night in the treehouse cuddled together.

-next day-
"awww."
you woke to someone's arms around you. opening your eyes you see brian sound asleep and your mom at the entrance of the treehouse cooing at you.
"mom."
"fine i'll leave but get done for school. also you're not grounded, i know it wasn't your fault."
you and brian got done for school, headed out then met up with the guys.
they all stared at your interlocked hands.
"FINALLY!" yelled jae.
------
this sucked. my b.
guys i went to a godsmack/shinedown concert last night and it was my first ever concert. the lead singer pointed at me in the crowd when i was on my stepdads shoulders. gotta admit best first concert ever. peace🤘🏼✌🏼