Meant to be

Skylar's P.O.V

I was now packing up my clothes while Justin was messing around with my piano. "You play piano too?" He asks shocked.

I stood up and walked to him. "Yeah, I just finished a song yesterday. Wanna here."

He nodded and scooted over so I could sit.

I played the notes on the piano.

'Can you see me? Cause I'm right here. Can you listen?

Cause I've been trying to let you notice what it would mean to me, to feel like somebody

I've been on my way to no where, trying so hard to get there

And I say oh, I'm gonna let it show, I'm gonna just let go of everything holding back my dreams

And try, to make a common life. I'm gonna let it shine so they can see I was meant to be somebody, somebody else

Somehow, some day, some way, somebody'

As I finish the song Justin looked at me with wide eyes. "You started and finished that just yesterday night?"

"Yeah." I nod tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Wow, now I'm impressed. It usually takes me 2 to 3 weeks to write a song, and for you only 2 to 3 hours?"

"Lyrics just flow out of me if I really put my heart to it." I answer. "And it's not the best thing I've written. There's some errors."

"No, everything was great. Just had one concern." He says. "That last note could've been this." He played softly on the keys, making my heart flutter.

What the fuck? That's never happened to me before. I've never 'heart-fluttered' to anyone's actions. What's wrong with me? My thoughts got interrupted by his soft yet raspy voice lingering in my ear.

"How's that?"

"Yeah, that's way better than what I had before could you show me?"

He nods before taking my hands. "Left hand Index finger on A, middle finger on D and ring finger on B."

(A/n: I had no idea what I just said up there, but those are not real chords. 😂, i don't even know what the chords are)

He moved my fingers to the places he said. I pressed down on it making the same sound as he did. "Yeah, like that." He smiles, looking at me.

I smile back, looking into his eyes. I never really noticed how hazel and bright they are.

"I like your smile." He blurts, then blushing.

I blush and look down. Again, what they fuck? I never act shy around anyone, especially a guy.

"Thanks."

He sighs and looks at me. "Sky, you're different."

I look up at him nervous. "Is that good or..."

He chuckles and puts his hand on my thigh. "It's good."

I look down at his hand, feeling a bit tingly. "Any girl would be screaming if I did this." He said looking down at his hand too.

We both look up slowly, meeting each other's gaze. "It's like if I kiss you, you wouldn't be..." He starts to lean in for a kiss. Once his lips were inches apart from mine, he finished. "Like the others."

I don't know what came over me, but I closed the gap, making our lips mold together. He cups my cheek turning his head slightly deepening the kiss.