1

Tyler looked at the back of his hand where a red heart was being drawn.

"mom?" he called out and in a moment she came around the corner.

"yes ty-" she stopped as he held up his hand, the back of it now facing her. "it's begun." she said smiling and her son cocked his head in confusion. "your soul-mate, whoever that may be, drew a heart on their arm." tyler bit his lip, still listening. "if you straw on your body it will show up on your soulmates body, wherever you wrote it. not with a bruise or broken bone or blood." tyler nodded and his mom smiled. she got up, patting his knee. just before she reached the door she turned to him, "they do go away ty. they won't be there forever." his mom walked out of the room and tyler looked down at his left arm, a design running up his entire arm now.

josh sat in his room on his windowsill, looking out the window. he was proud of the design he drew around his heart, the one he drew hours before. he smiled, for in the middle of the heart a small T was being written.

his soulmate had seen his writing. the T was followed by a J and a smaller black heart. josh smiled larger and wrote on his palm.

"you live in america?"

'yes' was written next to it, kind of going across joshs palm. whoever 't' was seemed to have larger hands than him, josh guessed.

his pen moved to his arm, hovering over his skin before pressing the tip to his arm. his pen, leaving small marks behind it. he finished his sentence and reread the question.

"wanna play a game?"