The Encounter

My names Stella, I'm a 17 years old girl, and in a matter of weeks I'll be going to school after 4 years of being away. I work at a coffee shop and with online school, I'm high in academics. I'm just like any other girl. I have long hair, dark brown eyes and people tend to say I have a cute little nose. Well thats all that I have to say to introduce myself, another ordinary girl.

It's 3 a.m and I still can't sleep. I've tried listening to music designed to make a person sleepy, taking my sleeping pills, and drinking warm milk. (Not that it would even work but hey, worth a shot.) This has been going on for week's. I cant sleep 'til 6 a.m and wake up at 8 a.m. This isn't good at all, barely any sleep each night. I've started to hallucinate people where ever I go. Men 12 feet tall, girls of only 4 inches. Swirled men and raged girls. clouds talking and flower rocket's.

I need to get out of this house.

I crept out into the hallway checking if any one else was up. When the coast was clear I made my way to the back door making sure to leave it unlocked. I made my way to the fence, lifted myself to a sitting position, then jumped. I walked down to the park thats empty during the day. The air felt cool and relaxing. The moon was so beautiful, if only other people in this neighborhood were brave enough to walk the streets at night. They'd be able to see the beauty of the night sky.

I had made it to the park and just swung myself softly on one of the swings.

"You know there might be rapists out at this time of night, right?"

The deep, rough, semi familiar voice startled me. Out of reflex I nearly high kicked the owner of the amazing sounding voice. Face to chest now I looked up to see his emerald green eyes already rested in my poopy brown ones. Lucas West, the only guy that has ever made me feel like I meant something.