Speak No Evil

I was just swinging softly to myself when I heard footsteps behind me getting closer. Then he spoke.

"You know there might be rapists out at this time of night, right? "

I turned around and saw him. Lucas West.

"Then does that make me one too. I am at a park in the middle of the night."

"Hah, well I guess if you look at it that way." He sat next to me on the swing set.

It's funny how its been years since we've talked and yet here we are beginning a conversation as if I never "moved" away to the U.K

"So, how did you get here? " he said with curiosity and confusion.

"I used my legs and walked." I always try to avoid talking about why I was away for years to anyone.

"You walked from the U.K to America?"

"Yeah you know, I just walked on water like Jesus."

"What really!?" He said with an obvious sarcastic tone.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't want to continue this conversation about me being here but I don't know how to change it.

"It's pretty cold out tonight isn't it." As he spoke I could hear his teeth chattering.

"Well that might be cause your just wearing a shirt." I said.

He turned and smiled. I just realized how different he looks from the last time I saw him.

His eyes are such a vivid shade of green that are framed perfectly by his face. His dark brown and messy hair. He's lost weight and gained more muscles as well. His shirt not to loose and not to tight and his sweats looking comfortable and warm. He looks taller but I can't tell by how much sense we're sitting. But it's noticeable he's not the old five foot, kinda chubby, bad haircut Lucas any more. No, he's the tall, muscular, amazing hair Lucas.

But still-

"So do you want to go somewhere warmer? I'm sure the cafe down the street is still open.' He said inturupting my thoughts

"I guess, I'm not actually doing anything as you can see."

We walk down the main road of the neighborhood we were in until we got to the section of stores, restaurants, and fast food places.

"So, why are you back? Not that I'm not happy to see you! Just like what happened?"

I sighed and just shrugged my shoulders. "I didn't like the schools system 'cause it wasn't all the same as the one here in California." I lied so he could stop bugging me about it.

"Oh I guess I understand. Wait so are you going to start school here?" He said and I heard excitement in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm going to start at Mountain View High School next week."

"Really! That's where I go! I can even show you the ropes." He said just as enthusiastic as ever.

"No, that's fine, I kinda already saw the whole school and what kind of teachers there are, programs, and I know almost all the classes locations."

"Oh, well then what about the kind of people that go to the school? There most likely not the same as people in London."

"Thats fine I don't really need to know any of that. If they mess with me, they'll regret it."

"Fine, I guess you win."

We finally get to the place and walk up to the cashier. He looks so sleepy and out of it.