Chapter 2- Doc Comes Back

Marty's POV 

I look Lindsey in the eye.

"You're a Tannen? But, you don't seem anything like your dad." Lindsey snorts and rolls her eyes.

"Ha! As if. Dad says I'm just a chip off the block...from both of my parents," She says and I look her in the eye again.

"You don't have to be like your dad," I say softly and she snaps.

"People all over Hill Valley are asking for it. They're going to get it. They want me to continue down the family line, I'll give them the show. Besides, if the whole town hates you, then they'll leave you alone," Lindsey snaps at me and I understand her logic, but still, the daughter of Biff Tannen should not have to feel this way.

"Don't you at least want some kind of a friend?" I ask and Lindsey glares at me.

"Not in this town, I don't. Nobody would want to be friends with a Tannen. Especially the kid of a Tannen," She replies moodily.

"Try hanging out with Jennifer. She's really sweet," I suggest and Lindsey shoots me a look.

"Of course you would suggest her. She's your girlfriend," Lindsey says and she shakes her head in disbelief. "I can't believe that you thought I would actually do that."

"Well, I'm just trying to help. You have your boyfriend too. And all of his friends. Jennifer is included in that."

"I don't do people, McFly. My Dad talks about your family. Why am I listening to you? Why do I even care what you think? You're a McFly. You know what? I don't care what you think. I am going back inside to hang out with my boyfriend. Maybe next time, you shouldn't be so concerned about me," Lindsey snaps before walking inside to Burger King again. I watch her to make sure that she makes it safely back inside. I follow her after giving her some space. Jennifer looks up at me worried.

"Is everything okay?" She asks quickly and I nod.

"Yeah. Just found something about Lindsey and we needed to talk it out a little bit," I said, running a hand through my hair.

"Well, your milkshake was getting warm. Chocolate milkshakes are never good hot, Marty," Jennifer says with a twinkle in her eye. I roll my eyes as I finish off the milkshakes.

"So, when's the next practice?" Leo asks and Paul, our leader, thinks for a second.

"Friday good with everyone?" He asks and the rest of us nod.

"Can the girl sit in on the practice?" Jennifer asks playfully and Paul's eyes light up.

"Jennifer, we should write a song for the girls to sing. Marty, think of the sensation that would be. The Pinheads could have a female presence which means we could appeal to more people!" Shouts Paul, causing other people in Burger King to look at us.

"Paul, cut it out, man," Leo admonishes him. "You're gonna get us kicked out again just like last week."

"I thought we took a vow to not discuss last week," Ryan cuts in and I chuckle.

"Last week was pretty memorable," I say, sliding my arm over Jennifer's shoulders causing her to roll her eyes.

"Yeah and I thought the manager here was going to give you a black eye," She remarks, stabbing at a chunk of whipped cream in her shake. Lindsey is being quiet and Ryan turns to her.

"Why weren't you here last week? I think you would have enjoyed what went down last week," Ryan states and Lindsey shoots him a glare. I know that having the reputation that the Tannens have could put a chip on someone's shoulder, but I didn't think that it would that badly.