1- Getting Away

"Mom! Dad!" I scream as we are shot at from people I don't recognize. "It's going to be okay Cassandra" my mom says hugging me close. "You need to use your powers" my father says and I shake my head no. "I'm too scared" I cry to them. "Cassandra we need you, you can do this it's what you you were trained for" my mother says holding my face in her hands. I nod at her and stand up prepared to do what's needed. I create the energy in my hands and blast away at the enemy.
I blast at one that's about to attack my parents and I watch the man fly back into a building. What I don't realize is he pulled a pin on a grenade and the building explodes crashing down on my parents.
The scene changes and I'm fighting in the streets of New York against things I'm not even sure of. It changed again and I'm running through the streets of Washington then falling into a ice cold river. It changes once more and now I'm standing in the rubble of yet another city, robots surrounding me. It changes again and I'm in the airport running to a jet, I see myself fighting Natasha and then I am kissing a man I've never seen.

I wake up from sweat and my body shaking from the dream. I had been reliving the night my parents died over and over again for the past five years and it still hurt. I got up from my room and went to the bathroom, turning on the tap and splashing my face with water. I look up in the mirror and my eyes are weary and tired.
I turn the water off and dry my face. I decide to leave the room and change into workout gear. I find training keeps my mind off the dreams or visions as my grandmother once told me I had. She knew I would get them as well but not until the day I turned 18, did we really know I had them.
Tossing on my sports bra and yoga pants, I slip on sneakers, pull my hair up into a pony tail. I leave my room in SHIELD and go to the training area. I nod at my fellow agents who are already up and ready for a day of work. I enter the training room and right away go for the punching bag.

After a few hours of working out I decide to head back to my room, when I'm about to enter I hear a noise coming from inside

After a few hours of working out I decide to head back to my room, when I'm about to enter I hear a noise coming from inside. I slowly turn the knob on the door and enter my room to see another agent going through my things.
"What the hell!" I shout at them.
"Agent Austin! I thought you were working out?" They say to me.
"I was and came back, now explain!" I say bitterly.
"I..Uh.. I was ordered here" the agent says to me.
"By who?" I question.
"Director Fury" he answers and then I see my notebook in his hand.
"Why do you have my personal item?" I ask as I go to take it back. The agent tries to side step me but I'm quicker and I kick him down. I create my energy and hold it against him.
"I'm sorry Agent Austin, I'm just following orders" he says trembling dropping my notebook.

I take my notebook, let the agent go and he runs off. I storm out of my room and head for Fury's office. I get outside to see Agent Hill standing outside. "He's in a meeting" she says but I don't care. I shove my way past her and push the door open.
"Agent Austin, What can I do for you?" Fury asks me, as I toss my notebook on the desk.
"You've been snooping in my room" I say.
"I've been using what you've been seeing yes" he doesn't deny.
"Seriously Nick! I trusted you, I thought this was a safe place" I shout at him, anger building inside I feel the energy form in my hands.

"Cassandra, I thought having you here was an asset. What you can see and do is amazing and very beneficial to SHIELD" He says to me.
"Yeah, when I'm being told what to do and where to go! What I see is personal to me, and if I thought something was a threat I would have came to you!" I say as I let the energy go and I run my hand through my hair.
"I should have known better" Fury says trying to sound sorry.
"You never do, I'm leaving Fury and I don't want to come back" I say as I then storm out of the office.

I push my way past Agent Hill, and head to my room. I slam my door shut and look for my phone. I call the one person I know who could help keep me out of SHIELD's radar.
"Cassandra?" I hear his voice say.
"Alex, I need your help. I have to get away and I know you can help" I say.
"What's going on?" He asks.
"Oh you know lies as always around here, they were using my visions to their advantage" I explain as I start to gather my things.
"Seriously, yeah you can stick around here if you want" he suggests.
"You sure Alex, I don't want to burden you" I say as I toss my stuff in a duffel bag.
"Cassie, you've been my best friend since your first mission and needed me. I'd do anything for you" he says.
"Thanks so much Alex, I shouldn't take long to get there." I tell him as I then go to my dresser and toss my picture of my parents in.
"Ok, you know the usual thing to do" he says to me.
"Yep, password favourite house" I say back.
"Of course, see you soon Cassie" he says.
"See you Alex" I reply as I hang up.

I gather the rest of my things, everything from the closet, bathroom, and dresser. The last thing I pack is my jewelry box, taking out there necklace my parents gave me of an Emerald jewel. That's what they called me when I was little and that's what I used as my code name. I finished packing everything and did one last sweep making sure I had everything.

I take off from my room and leave the building. I get to my car and see a red headed beauty leaning against the car.
"I'm not staying" I tell her as I move around her and open the back door, tossing my stuff in.
"I know, I just wanted to see you off" she smiles at me.
"Really" I ask closing the door and opening the drivers door.
"I know you need to go, I just hope I see you again someday" she says.
"Nat, I'm sure one day we will" I say hugging her.
"Of course you know that" she says.
"As always, see you around Black Widow" I say as I get in the car.
"See ya Emerald" she says back as she walks away.
I turn the car on and drive away from the building and never wanting to look back.

<<<<<Authors Note>>>>
So here it the first chapter of my story. I hope everyone likes it. I know some people like third person stories, for me I like writing first person. Let me know what you think and if there's any suggestions feel free to let me know!!