9-On the Bridge

We all look at each other unsure what to really say, "He really grows on you, doesn't he" Bruce says breaking the silence.

"Loki's going to drag this out. So Thor what's his plan?" Steve asks the God.

"He has an army called the chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will bring him the earth. In return, I suspect for The Tesseract." Thor explains to all of us.
"An army from outer space?" Steve asks with a serious look on his face.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for"Bruce then says.
"Selvig?"Thor questions seeming to know the name.
"He's an astrophysicist" Bruce tells him.
"He's a friend" Thor then says.
"Loki has him under some kind of spell along with one of ours" I tell Thor.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here" Steve says.
"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki" Bruce says.
"Yeah that guys brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell the crazy on him" I butt in and say.

"How care, how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother"Thor says defending Loki.
"He killed eighty people in two days" Natasha tells him.
Thor's face falls, "he's adopted" he bluntly says.

"Iridium what did they need iridium for" Bruce then suddenly asks

"It's a stabilizing agent" we then hear Tony say as he comes to join us walking along side Phil. He says something to Phil who then walks away.
"Means the portal won't collapse like it did at SHIELD" he says. Tony then walks over by Thor, "no hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Also it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long as Loki wants"

Tony then walks over to where Nick usually stands to give out commands. "Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails" everyone stops and looks at him. "That man is playing Galaga!" Tony shouts and Steve looks around confused by this. "Thought we wouldn't notice but we did" tony says as he then looks at the control panels. "How does fury do this?" He asks.
"He turns" Maria Hill answers him.
"Well that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. A high energy density. Something to kick start the cube" Tony informs us.

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asks.
"Last nigh. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers" Tony looks around at all of us. "Am I the only one who did the reading" he says. I'm starting to get irritated with his rambling.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve then asks.
"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred twenty million kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier" Bruce then pips up and says.
"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunnelling". Tony says back to him.

"Well, if he could do that he could archive heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet" Bruce says back.
"Finally someone who speaks English" Tony says to the Doctor. I look over at Steve who is also confused by all of this weird science talk.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asks.
Tony and Bruce then shake hands,"it's good to meet you , Dr. Banner. You're work on Amit-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster" Tony says causing Bruce to look toward the ground.
"Thanks" he mumbles

The director finally comes in and joins us, "Dr. Banner is only here to track down the cube. I was hoping you might join him" he says to Tony.
"Let's start with that stick of his. It might be magical but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon" Steve then says.

 It might be magical but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon" Steve then says

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys" Nick says.
"I do not understand"Thor says confused.
"I do! I understood that reference!" Steve says smiling proud of himself.

"Shall we play doctor"Tony says looking at Dr.Banner.
"Let's play some" Bruce says in return then the men walk away.
"Well this has been fun" I say, "but I think I should go"
"You don't want to stick around and see how this ends" Nick says to me.

"I helped get Loki, that was what I was supposed to do my jobs done"I get up from the table and head out. As I leave the bridge I hear footsteps behind me.
"Cassandra, wait" I hear Steve say. I stop walking and turn back around to look at him.
"What's up?" I ask him.
"I think you should stick around" he says.
"I don't think so. I think I'm just going to head off. It was nice helping catch the bad guy again, but being back here there's too many memories, some good and some bad" I say to him my face falling as I think of losing my parents and being betrayed.

"You should think about staying. What you did back there when we went after Loki that was what you were meant to do. You did a good job and I think you should stay" he says to me.
"Thanks for the nice words Cap, but I need to leave" I then turn to go and as I do I start to feel light headed. I know what's about to happen and I feel my body fall and someone catch me just as everything goes black and the visions begin.

 I know what's about to happen and I feel my body fall and someone catch me just as everything goes black and the visions begin