Chapter 02

After the long minutes of conversation, the angel felt safer to leave. The child looked better, and he had faith that she would improve very soon. He had faith in many things. He liked faith. Michael decided to leave the hospital as fast as he could, but avoided using his powers after the incident in the corridor, he thought he had been traumatized about it. His small heart couldn't handle as much fear as he had at that moment. He felt that the devil was probably laughing at him so far and it frustrated him. But, as a good and positive angel, he put a beautiful smile on his face, concentrated to make his wings reappear and flew over the city. He liked to look at the forests far away, the animals, the roads with their cars and ... The man?

The angel turned quickly as he captured the scene: The man was in the middle of the street, cars hurrying past him, but none touched him. Michael was alarmed and, without a second thought, threw himself in front of the man and pushed him off the runway. Of course the angel would leave unharmed, so he didn't really care about that. But he cared about the man. If Michael had paid attention, he would have seen that the unknown man had collided with about three cars, but left without a single scratch. And if he had realized that, he'd probably be wary and would walk away as fast as he could. But, of course, this didn't happen. Instead, the angel was even more worried about the stranger, who was sitting on the ground beside the road, watching the little servant touch him and look for any sign of injury.

- Are you ... are you hurt? - Michael asked anxiously.

The devil looked at him wryly and then smiled; the angel reminded him of a small child, and he felt himself talking to someone who had no such experience to know who he was. Maybe the angel would never find out, he was so naive for that. The man looked into Michael's eyes and grew serious.

- No.

The angel relieved himself by the answer, he thought of hugging the man, but he felt too embarrassed for it. Instead, he decided that he should know a little more about the man, he felt anxious about meeting him.

- Who are you? - The angel asked as he knelt in front of the man, and the question caught the stranger's attention.

"He really doesn't know. " the man said to himself, as he turned his gaze to the grass on the ground.

- Chester. Call me Chester.

Michael realized that he had heard the name somewhere. But he resolved to ignore his thought and follow his heart; one more of his bad ideas.

- Just Chester?

The devil smiled internally, ironically. "No, little child, Chester Bennington, known as The Devil." The man thought to himself. Chester wondered how long the angel would take to get up and start flying away if he knew who he was talking to. "Maybe a couple of minutes, he's a bit slow," Chester thought ironically.

- Yes. Just Chester.

- Oh ... and where do you live? - Michael asked innocently, ignoring his instinct that kept saying he should run away fast. "Chester .... Chester .... B? Something? Uh, I remember this name ..." Mike thought, but just decided that the name should be very common and he probably had already heard on the streets of the city. One more fatal mistake.

- A little bit downstairs. But I like to come here and watch people. - Chester replied, waiting to see the angel's reaction. Would he understand? Chester didn't think so. He thought the boy would never understand.

The angel turned his head a little to the side and frowned as his eyes narrowed. His smile, however, remained on his face. Michael thought his new friend Chester was joking, and he found the joke confusing, but Michael wouldn't question the man's sense of humor.