Chapter 03

But, of course, that didn't happen.

It was one day, two days, three days in which Michael barely got out of the heaven. He had important missions inside the golden gates helping fellow angels. This made him frustrated, he really wanted to see his friend, and he felt guilty for being gone after that day.

Fortunately for Michael, the fourth day has come and he had a mission to prevent an accident on a busy highway. The angel brightened up a lot more than he should have, and the porter thought it was really weird to an angel to have that big smile just to stop one of those routine mistakes that humans insisted on continuing to commit all the time. But he knew that Michael was just an inexperienced and naive angel, and imagined the animation was because he was finally being called again.

Michael flew as fast as he could to the indicated highway and looked everywhere looking for who would be the cause of the accident. He slowed the time, so the fast-paced cars began to walk in slow motion. He noticed two cars heading toward each other, and since there were many cars near each other, he saw that the accident would affect many and possibly kill the main drivers. Michael flew over the car that was going to hit the opposite lane and had him back on the track.

In addition, he ended up helping to prevent another accident ahead, again making the car that would collide with the cars on the opposite track to return to its own track. The angel then flew over the highway and landed on one of the branches of a tree, getting as camouflaged as possible. After that, he made time to return to normal; the cars began to move fast again, and the accidents were successfully avoided. And best of all: none of the humans would've been able to see him as he pushed the cars back to their tracks, because, since he slowed down time, he was much faster than human eyes could realize and, in the maximum, humans would see something very fast and bright appearing and then disappearing.

The angel sighed relieved when he realized that everything was safe and now he could pay attention to his new goal: To reach the forest of the town and look for Chester. Michael clapped his hands excitedly as he thought of his new friend. He really liked his friend, and he thought deep down, his friend liked him too. The angel flew excitedly into the forest and landed near a large tree with scanty leaves, which made the tree not provide a good shade against the warm sunlight. The angel wore light blue jeans with a white shirt. Although in heaven most angels wore long white dresses or white suits, on earth they were to dress appropriately, lest they call so much attention. Michael, however, always loved the color white, and kept it visible in all his visuals. The angel walked through the forest looking for his friend, the silence of the place made him imagine that no one could be there. This made him somewhat disappointed.

- Chester? Chester! - The boy started calling for his new friend as he ran and deviated from the trees. He believed that running he could find the man faster, and as he ran he looked to the sides for any sign of human life. Or not so human, but it's not as if he knew of this detail.

Chester, who was walking the streets of the city, heard with his keen hearing that peculiar voice calling his name.The demon stopped walking and turned toward the rural areas of the city; the boy was probably waiting for him in the woods. This shocked him a little, because he hadn't seen the angel for at least three days. For the first two days the man decided to walk through the forest and look for the boy, but after that he had accepted that the angel wouldn't return. But then, it seems he was mistaken; the boy was here. The boy was waiting for him. Chester glanced sideways, took a deep breath, and walked quietly to some store. He needed a safe and empty place to disappear without looking suspicious. The man looked around and realized he was in some jewelry store or something. He cleared his throat by coughing a few times and directed his word to the woman in the cashier.