XI

When will came home he instantly knew something was wrong, Nico was sulking in his hero suit.

"Nico? Is something wrong? Why are you wearing your suit?" Will asked as he sat down across from Nico.

"I got fired, I assume you know about the villain that attacked town today? Well, he made my alarm go off and tried locking me and other heroes in HQ. When we figured it out, Big Owl, Zap, and me went out to try and stop him, I wanted to prove to Big Owl that I was worth keeping around, but I only made things worse."

Will just sat there and listened to Nico explain it all, when he was done he got up and held his arms out, offering a hug. "I'm sure that she will take you back eventually, just give it time, let things cool down and such. In the meantime you can relax a little and heal all the injuries that you may still have."

Nico just stared at Will with a little disbelief, not understanding his unconditional support and calmness. He looked at Will's outstretched hands but pushed them away. "I don't need your pity, I need my job back, how am I gonna pay the rent now?"

"I got that covered, I still have a job and I had only a slightly smaller apartment before I was made to live with you, it should cost about the same, I can still buy food for us both and such," Will assured Nico, sitting on the arm rest of the couch.

"But what about me? I don't know what else I can do." Nico said and ran his hands through his hair.

"Well, how about you first take off your suit and then we'll see what else you are capable of," Will said.

Nico sighed and went to his room to change into civilian clothes, when he came out of his room he saw will was busy in the kitchen grabbing some vegetables and setting outs some pans. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I thought that the first thing you should learn is cooking since you still insisting on eating those noodles. Honestly I don't understand how you could stand eating them every day."

"They are quick and easy, no fancy equipment needed and cheap too." Nico defended.

Will rolled his eyes and motioned for Nico to get closer, which he did.
They spend the next half hour cooking together, will teaching Nico how to clean different vegetables, how to safely cut them up, how to boil rice, and how to put it all together to look good. Once they were done they had two plates of rice with ratatouille.

"Come, something tastes better if you made it yourself, you should really try this." Will said as he put both plates on the table.

"How are you such a good cook? I thought you were learning to become a doctor, not a chef?" Nico said confused.

"My mother and I used to cook together, she used to be a chef at a restaurant and taught me everything I know."

"Used to be?"

"Yeah," Will looked away for a moment, "she, uhm..."

"Oh, okay." Nico said awkwardly.

"So, anyways, I know how to cook and I'm gonna teach you, it's just a useful life skill to have. You don't get a say in this." Will told Nico sternly, and for once Nico didn't mind Will bossing him around, he kind of looked forwards to it.

A/N:
Hey peoples!
So, shorter chapter, but Nico and Will talk some and become more than simply acquaintances, and Will tells Nico something about his past.
Have a nice day further! I love you all!
♥️