𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

"Who the hell do you think you are?"

"And you?" he moved even closer and my back abruptly hit the car's door, causing my breath to hitch as his grazed my face. "I don't think you realize how things work here. Maybe a few years ago you were the queen but now everything has changed. You get it?"

Inwardly I was shaking, uncomfortable with that extreme closeness and unease spread in my guts. His eyes were threatening, black and deep...  Again I wondered how someone so attractive could be so rotten on the inside. The perfect trap. The most primal survival instincts shouted through me to look down, but my pride refused to give in. There's no way I was going to let that idiot with the most bloated ego I know think he could intimidate me. So I held his gaze, returning it with the same intensity.

"You will not challenge me again." he drew each word slowly, almost hissing and we were so close that they caressed my neck and made my skin crawl. "And from now on you will listen to me. Do I make myself clear?"

"Screw you, Walker." I pushed his chest again, recovering part of my personal space. " You think you scare me? You are nothing but a bully. I've dealt with kids like you all my life. So you're not going to impress me with your threats."

He froze me with a dark half smile.

"Oh, but I don't threaten, sweetheart. I just give warnings."

..............................

Arielle Steelver has come back to her father's house after almost three years away and she thought that she could take her old life back just that easy: her friends, her high school, the cheer team... and had an awesome senior year.

What she wasn't expecting was that everything isn't just as it was when she left.

Hayden Walker is every girl daydream and every teacher's nightmare. He came after she moved. Now he owns the high school and he's so not gonna make things easy for Arielle.

Things when wrong on the first meeting and since then life will always find a way to bring the together in a never-ending path of pranks, parties and an open war on the highways. Will they learn to understand each other or will their hatred blind them?

..............................