Ch. 1- Too Smart

Chapter 1- Too Smart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad always told me that great stories should be preserved, and while I don't think my story is a great story, just about everyone else thinks otherwise.

My youngest brother got the idea to have me write it down one day. I thought it was ridiculous, so I refused. The idea spread to my family and boyfriend, so they ganged up on me and convinced me to write about five years of my childhood.

Let's put you, the person reading the beginning of my life, to decide if it's great or not.

*************

"Starfire! Bard!" mom called.

My older brother Bard and I exited our rooms and raced down the stairs to see our mother and father.

Our father was pretty famous. Not just in our village but everywhere. He is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the third, chief of Berk. He owns a night fury named Toothless. Toothless is the alpha of all dragons and is very protective of our family, especially my father, Hiccup.

I look like my father with my auburn hair and emerald green eyes filled with curiosity and love. Dad and I are very close. Mom says that I'm like dad when he was little: tiny and thin but smart and adventurous. I may have been five but I was intelligent- often helping dad with his upgrades on Berk or Toothless' gear. Well, I helped with the planning anyway. Though I learned from Gobber how to make the things, my father makes the stuff for Toothless and the other dragons, saying that I could be have been hurt if I handled the 'dangerous items.'

I was named after my dad's sister, Starfire Valka Haddock. She was missing at sea for nearly ten years before she made her way home. I've never seen her, so I don't really know what happened to her. All I know is I was named after my aunt. She wrote her story, too. How To Find Your Family ((AN: on my profile, though you don't have to read it if you don't want to)). If I'm being honest, that's where I got the title for this story, my story.

Our mother is Astrid Haddock. She use to be Astrid Hofferson. She had her blond hair in a braid, resting over her left shoulder, as usual. Her vibrant blue eyes shone with love and happiness as she looked at dad, then Bard and I. Her dragon, Stormfly, is a beautiful deadly Nadder, and was the second fastest dragon on Berk.

Bard was ten, five years older than me, and the most annoying brother ever. We fought often and thanks to that, I was quite good at dodging. He is like our mom: a fighter. He's a tough Viking, and everyone is glad he is to be chief one day, although he once told me that he doesn't want to be. But don't tell mom and dad! I, actually, found it quite interesting and often followed dad around the village while he was working. Bard looks like mom with his blond hair and blue eyes. His hair was only an inch long. He may not look it, but he is the strongest kid under thirteen in the village. And he can beat most fourteen year olds as well. Mom and dad are extremely proud of him.

"Morning, mom, dad," Bard said, happily.

"Today's the day," dad said, excitedly, smiling at Bard. "Today's the day my boy gets a dragon." Here in Berk, when you're ten, you pick a dragon to train. It use to be thirteen, but that changed years ago, about two months before I was born.

Dad and mom hoped that we were like dad with the dragons: loving and kind to them. Our father is the 'Dragon Conqueror' or the 'Dragon Master', as other islands call him, so it's kinda hard to live up to him.

I ate my eggs and bread along with a piece of chicken as dad went on about how proud he was of Bard.

"You're not our little boy anymore," mom said, with tears in her eyes.