Ch. 9- Secret

Ch. 9- Secret

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hurry, Em!" I cried as Dad and Toothless started closing in on us. "Go faster!"

"Wait! Hey! You on the Night Fury! Slow down!" dad called from behind us.

We were just flying around when they suddenly showed up behind us. It's a good thing I had my helmet on or he would have recognized me.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you!" dad tried again.

Emerald and I made a tight turn around a tree then disappeared in a dark cave. Quickly, Emerald wrapped me up in her wings to make us look like a rock.

The only problem is that I forgot one thing...

Toothless made a scream then landed next to us. "I know you're there," dad said.

...Toothless is a Night Fury.

"My dragon can see in the dark, sorta."

Emerald opened her wings and I crawled out. "Darn, that works on other dragons," I said in a different voice.

We came out of the cave, and dad got a good look at Emerald. Please, please, please, let this end well for me.

"Look, bud, another night fury."

"Yeah, yeah, can we go now?" I asked, impatiently.

"Not yet. Who are you?"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, bitterly.

"Because- that doesn't matter. Answer the question."

"I go by Secret. Now who are you?" I asked, even already knowing the answer.

"I am Hiccup, chief of Berk, proud husband and father of three, soon to be four," he said the last part with a grin and slightly far away look. "How old is your Night Fury? How old are you?"

"My night fury is nine years old. As for my age..." Nine, almost ten, but you know I'm ten in two weeks, "I'm ten years old."

"Fascinating. Now-"

"Yup. Okay. I gotta go," I said, about to get on Emerald.

"Wait!" His hand went around my arm. "Do you want to come to Berk with me?"

"Let me think," I said sarcastically, then immediately answered, "No!" I hoped on Emerald, and we flew into the forest, then stopped at a good distance, waiting for him to leave.

He just stared into the forest for a good two minutes, I could of sworn he saw us at one point, but then he got on Toothless and left, heading in the direction of Berk.

After a few minutes me and Emerald slowly followed, making sure we weren't spotted. Today a bunch of people were racing around the island, so it was harder to do so, but we managed.

We went into the forest, and Emerald flew when she could, otherwise she ran back to the cove. I petted her for a good while before we played around, then it was time for me to go.

I looked around, to make sure no one was watching, then went into my hut and changed out of my flight suit and into my regular clothes before I headed home.

I helped mom with dinner, as usual, and set the table. Dad was a bit late but only by a few minutes.

"Sorry I'm late," he apologized, sitting in his seat.

"It's fine," mom said with her smile, hands on her stomach. Our baby brother or sister was going to be born any day now and we all, especially Blade, couldn't wait. Blade was excited to see Emerald more often, which he couldn't with mom always watching him. But we both knew the majority of her attention would be the new baby once he\ she was born.