41. "Kill me"

Jimin and Namjoon ran across the old hotel grounds, gripping their weapons firmly.

"Let's split up", Jimin suggested.

Namjoon frowned while running.
"Not the best strategy, don't you think?"

"I can take care of myself. How about you?", Jimin intentionally provoked.

The older laughed. He knew there was no point in trying to tell Jimin what to do.
"Fine."

So they ran in opposite directions. Jimin managed to fight off the few men that had come his way but kept feeling his hand grow weaker with every shot. He couldn't stop thinking about you and couldn't believe that he was doing this. But maybe it was just better to get this over with and not run away like a coward anymore. He wouldn't allow himself to die. He didn't survive those 2 years for nothing.
It had all been for you.

It started raining, which made it harder to stay alert to sounds. The drops became heavier, hitting against the asphalt.

Jimin stopped moving when he saw a familiar figure move further up front.
He was surrounded by several people and Jimin could only guess who it was. They were moving towards the parking lot, probably to get away quickly.

But Jimin couldn't let that happen.
He ran forward and started taking the men down one by one. It was easy, as they hadn't been prepared.

Hongbin immediately started running.

"Get back here, coward!", Jimin yelled and ran after him.
He tried aiming for the man, but his right hand was shaky. The best option was to follow him for now and rest up his hand until he got close enough.
He hoped Namjoon would come to help him soon.

What was he saying? He didn't need Namjoon. He was one of the people at fault for Jimin being in this situation at all, so he shouldn't depend on him for this.
Hongbin was his target. No one else was going to kill him apart from Jimin.

Jimin followed the man up the fire emergency stairs going on the outside of the building. He nearly slipped because of the rain, but kept running. His anger towards the man got stronger with every step he took. It was Hongbin who had kidnapped you. He was the one that had kept him away from you for 2 years.

"Hongbin!!", Jimin yelled after him angrily.
The man kept running up the stairs until he reached the rooftop first and disappeared out of sight.

Once a panting Jimin reached the top too, he confronted the man, finally.

"So you found me", Hongbin smiled.
"You're not as hopeless as I'd thought."

Jimin raised his gun at the man who just gave a dirty smirk.
"Oh come on. You don't really want to kill me."

"I actually do."

Hongbin scoffed.
"You really want to kill the person that helped you in your time of need? Your teacher?"

Jimin tried to keep his hand steady and not show that it was injured.

Hongbin bravely took several steps forward.
"I helped you when you were a useless kid who had nothing. I trained you, taught you, saved you."

Jimin felt his hand trembling, partially because of his injury, but also due to his rage.

"It's not too late to go back to our deal. We'll really kill them this time."

Jimin shook his head.

"No. I've had enough of your lies", Jimin muttered and steadied his gun hold.
"You hurt me more than Bangtan ever had. You broke me and turned me into this monster I am now. I almost forgot who I was because of you."