*Hidden Truth's*~12

(Present)

It has now been three days since I was released from the hospital, Kc and Klayton have been staying with me in Serenity as we were all bouncing off the walls and each other while waiting for Mickey to call in to see what he found out if anything at all. But in this case the waiting wasn't the hardest part, it was the tension that was growing between us while we waited. For we all were living in a love, hate triangle at the moment, because Kc loved us both, and we both loved her, but she hated us both for us hating each other...it was crazy and I wasn't really sure on how or if it was going to end on good terms.

But for now Klayton did have the upper hand, for they did have a toddler together, and until Mickey found out anything about mine...I really had nothing to go on except my love for her, and that she was mine first. Klayton said he would back off and be the better man, but his emotions got the better of him this time and he wasn't in the mood to back down anymore...especially when his jealousy bug bit him, when Kc and I were trying to rekindle our relationship. Even though every now and then I would feel guilty about taking her away from him because I did leave her when she needed me most. But I would turn myself off and tell myself that it was a difficult time in my life as well, and I was thinking irrationally, and if she forgave me, I could forgive myself. Even though Klayton used that very heavily against me, which I couldn't blame him for it, because he was there for her when I failed...holy shit I failed her, maybe I should just let her go.

Kc was outside talking and arguing with Klayton as I was sitting at the dining room table thinking heavily on the right and wrong things to do, when my mom came in, it was like she knew my mind was in peril, and it was her duty as the mommy to come in and shine some of her wisdom on me. Even though there was some of it that I didn't like to hear, but in the end she told me that no matter who's feelings or emotions was hurt...it was Kc's decision and that I needed to just step away for now and let her decide...for that was the only right way to go. I gave a depressed sigh as I told her she was right, and that I needed to stop acting like a spoiled brat, and just leave it all alone, but I still loved her, and that love was putting blinders over my eyes and plugs in my ears. 

I stood up and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek and told her that I was mentally exhausted from arguing with myself, and was going up to take a much-needed nap. I quickly grabbed my cell phone just in case Mickey was to call then I left Kc and Klayton to themselves as my mom went into the kitchen to make some dinner for us all. As I slept this time all I could do was remember how full of passion Kc and I was for each other during our time together, and how much I wanted that same fire back in my life. Klayton and Kc's conversation finally dried up and they went off in their separate ways to release their own frustrations from each other, I mean you would swear up and down that they were a bickering old married couple but I guess that's how two people would react if they had a toddler together and have been living with each other for a few years.

I had just gotten into a deep and restful sleep when my phone began to ring nonstop. I grumbled to myself as I answered the phone and told whoever it was it better be good news because I was in the middle of a beautiful R.E.M. moment. Mickey chuckled wickedly and told me to get my sorry ass out of fucking bed because he was just outside in his classic Jag with some enlightening news for me. I flew out of bed and put my boots on and rushed out the side door where I knew he would be parked, then I hopped in the passenger seat and asked him excitedly what he found out.

Mickey tossed me a lot of papers and said that not only was Klayton's hunches right about the strange happenings at the hospital but that he found out by some strategic undercover work that the phony adoption agency was still in business. Then he pulled out an older binder with over a dozen files in it and said with extreme pride that he found my son along with several other celebrity kids and that he was alive and living in a little town in Oklahoma with his adoptive mother and two other siblings that were also adopted thru the same agency. I looked at the file and asked him what he looked like and when we were going to get him! 

Mickey pulled me back in the seat and told me to slow my shit down, as he handed me another piece of paper, and said that the adoptive parents were in the dark about where the infants came from, and that they were normal everyday families that thought they were legally adopting an orphaned child, so jumping the gun and pointing blaming fingers at them and calling them kidnappers wasn't going to do me any good. That the best tactic would be to let him take the point on the case, and that I just needed to follow his every decision, because if I didn't there was a chance that I could lose my son forever...because the adoption papers were legit, even if the agency itself wasn't. I calmed myself down and looked right at him and asked him to tell me exactly what I had to do.