*Hidden Truth's*~14

(Present)

Penny finally came around and agreed to have the blood tests done on her three youngest toddlers, just to give everyone a piece of mind. Penny hopped in her minivan with her kids, as Mickey followed in his car to the doctor's office for the tests to begin. They said it only takes a couple hours for them to process. So the doctor took all three toddlers into his office at the same time and gave them each a quick little poke and took a sample of blood from each of them, then Mickey thanked Penny for her cooperation as she took all three of them back home to wait for the results. Then the doctor came in and took me and Kc into the room and took samples of our blood to match up to each of the toddlers to see if there were any matches in the DNA.

Klayton was sitting in the car waiting for us to come out while taking a light snooze when his brother Danny called him and said that he needed to come and get his crazy ass son because he was driving him loopy with all the damned questions and continuous asking when daddy was coming home. Klayton told him to suck it up for a few more days that the business was almost coming to a conclusion, then he would be there to take care of his lil man. Danny thought about Klayton's words and asked if Kc was coming back with him or not. Klayton looked toward the hospital doors as Kc and I came out holding hands and smiling, before he told Danny that he would be coming home alone this time and that Kc decided to go back to her first love...and he was in no position to stop her, then he mindlessly hung up on him and laid back down as everyone filed into the car with the great news that we had found our son and that he was the one Penny named Travis Micheals Myers.

Without opening his eyes Klayton congratulated us both, but then added a little sarcastically that it wasn't over with yet, for now, came the hardest part, actually getting Penny to give up the kid. And if she refused it was going to turn into a full out custody battle and many weeks in a courtroom. Then after all the hearings and paperwork, then came the part of if the lil boy even wanted to be with them or not, since he already had roots with the family he was with. I gave Kc's hand a gently squeeze as I told Klayton that for our son it was all worth it, and that beens he was still so young it wouldn't take him long to readjust to his new living conditions and family, especially when we would spoil him rotten, and do everything for him to make him feel secure and happy.

I wanted to get a hold of Penny right away and tell her that she had our son, but Mickey told me to chillax and that he had it under control and that I needed to let him take care of it. So I bit my tongue as he took us back to Serenity, then told us just to wait until we got a phone call from him. As soon as Klayton made it to his room that he claimed while he was there, he packed all of his shit and came back down and said beens he was no longer needed, he had a toddler back home that needed him, so he was going to leave us to it and wish us the best. He turned to Kc and told her to take care of herself, then he gave me a quick hug and told me that I was an asswipe, but he loved me anyway, then he hopped out the doors and into his rental car and peeled out of the driveway and just like that he was gone.

Kc gave a saddened sigh and said she guessed he didn't want her to go back with him. I kissed her on the cheek and told her that he just didn't want to make her choose, so he chose for her. I quickly spun her around as I told her if she wanted to be with him that I would take her to the airport to go back with him because I didn't want her to be unhappy in any way because I had already caused her too much unhappiness already. Kc looked deep into my eyes and said she was where her heart wanted her to be, and that she really did love Klayton, but he just wasn't me. I touched her face before I reached her with my lips and kissed her very passionately for the first time since she came back, and it started the great fire that I thought had burned out between us a long time ago...but I was wrong because she showed me. She was the missing link in my life, and now that she was back I felt like I could accomplish anything, including getting our child back.

After hour moment of deep passion was over with I lay in bed next to her holding onto my cell phone impatiently waiting for Mickey to call me on what was going to be done about getting our son back, but after a few hours of restless waiting, I decided to plug my phone in and snuggle down with my sweet Kc and go to sleep for at least a few hours before it was time to find something or go somewhere to find some food. Meanwhile, Mickey was in the government building getting everything set up, so he could take down the illegal adoption ring, while getting the paperwork all done so that he could get our kid back without so much hassle, he was just really hoping that Penny for her own sake and the child's that she just agree to give him to his real parents...but by the way she was acting during the blood testing, he didn't think she was going to be willing at all.