| Chapter Two |

We caught the elevator down to the lobby and walked out of our apartment building to the parking lot. We thought it was best to take Cayli's car since she refused to go anywhere in my car.

We got in to Cayli's 2013 Ford Mustang. I loved her car. I was never really a huge fan of cars but the way it purred when it started was stimulating.

However, I was always curious of how she could afford it. Honestly, I had no idea where she even worked. All I knew was she paid her share of the rent on time and I was absolutely fine with it.

We pulled out of the parking lot and onto the expressway. I leaned my head back, listening to the car roar in my ears.

I didn't even realize we were at our destination until the car came to a halt and the purring of the car stopped.

"We're here princess." Cayli toyed with me.

We stepped out of her car and walked up to a building. When we walked up, Cayli knocked on to the door. There was a quick pause before the door creaked open; revealing a large man who I was guessing was the bouncer.

"Password?" His voice boomed, his eyes shifting between the two of us.

Cayli mumbled something to him that I didn't hear; maybe because I was too busy focusing on the threatening appearance of the man that stood before me. He nodded his head before he stepped to the side.

"Come Simone." Cayli tugged me in to the door, shoving pass the bouncer to make her way into the parted door.

We walked down a faintly lit narrow hall, which seemed as though it would go on forever until it opened up to a club. It was a lavishing room. Large and open, made to fit numerous people with ease. Neutral colored walls and hardwood flooring that led to the black tiled dance floor. There was a long bar, decorated with black tile to match the dance flooring and stools to sit many.

There were people sitting around the bar and others on the dance floor. Music was blasting, screaming into the base of my ear as people continued to scramble on to the crowded dance floor. This place was alive. Full of many different faces that came to either socialize or have a little fun.

"First, we need drinks." Cayli tugged me into the direction of the bar before she flagged down the busy bartender."Four shots, we will go from there."

I sat down on to a stool, my eyes wandering over the bright faces around me. Cayli took the seat beside me before she looked at me bizarrely.

"What?" I mumbled below the thunderous music, obviously acknowledging the fact that there was no way she could hear me so reading my lips was a crucial need.

With a quirky grin stretched across her face, she quickly shook her head.

"Just..." She shoved a small shot glass into my hand. "Take this shot."

****

It was shots after shots, laughs after laughs, and more fun than I have ever had. I was giggling uncontrollably as Cayli smiled, her eyes watching me intensively.

I was so focused on our conversation that I barely even noticed that the club was slowly beginning to die out.

"Aww where is everyone?" I hiccupped, covering my mouth to hide the smell of vodka that lingered from my breath. "Is the party over?"

"Yes...and no." She looked at me wryly, paying close attention to every move that I made.

"So where is the party? I want to dance." I began gyrating in my stool.

"The party is downstairs."

"Okay, let's go. Where are the steps?" I stood up, eager to join the party again.