Part 10

The Malik's finally departed. Padma wiped her tears and said, "hamari Anjali bahut bhaagyashali hai.... ussey itna acha sasural mil raha hai...."

Shashank put his arm around Anjali and said, "kyon na mile.... Anjali deserves it.... she is the best.... itni achi bahu kissey nahin pasand aayegi?" the proud father and daughter walked inside. Padma did not say anything but had a nagging feeling that there was more to this postponement of the engagement.... she just closed her eyes and prayed that everything would work out.

On their way back, Armaan took out his binoculars to get a last view of Riddhima on the terrace. Fortunately, Riddhima was in his view as she was removing the dried clothes from the clothesline. He smiled and then closed his eyes, trying to remember all the moments with Riddhima.... the hiking.... the fall in the stream.... the kiss in the store room.... he flipped his phone to periodically check her pictures on his camera phone. Muskaan and Rahul were also lost among themselves in the backseat while Ananya and Billy talked in the front seat.

The Gupta's also drove back a few hours later. Riddhima immersed herself in her music while Anjali read a book on their way back. Riddhima kept thinking of all her interactions with Armaan........she realized that her she was more attracted to him than ever before....was he really serious when he said he would not marry Anjali as he loved her instead........the very thought gave her goosebumps.........but when she looked at Anjali........she feel very guilty and decided to focus on her music instead!

The following week, everyone got back to routine. Anjali had to travel out of town for work. Riddhima was busy at her college preparing for an upcoming college function. Armaan pretended to be busy at work but his thoughts kept wondering to Riddhima. He tried to call her on her cell but she kept it switched off in college. On his way back from work, he decided to go and meet her. At the Gupta's, Padma received him at the door, "Beta Anjali toh kaam sey Bangalore gayi hai.... aao andar aa jao.... main chai banati hoon...."

Armaan was sure he would get to see Riddhima inside but when he saw Padma bring in the tea, he could not help asking, "Gupta uncle aur Riddhima bhi nahin hain?"

"Haan.... inhey office mein kaam tha aur Riddhima ki aaj kal college mein play practices chal rahi hain"

Armaan gobbled up his tea and got up, "Thanks aunty.... chai bahut achi thi.... main phir aaoonga..."

"Haan.... Anjali Friday ko aa jaayegi....tab tum log ghoomney ja sakthey ho" Padma smiled as she waved him goodbye.

Armaan was glad he had seen some folders in Riddhima's room with her college name on it. He drove as fast as he could and arrived at her college. He went towards the auditorium, presuming the practice would be happening there.

He saw a bunch of young men and women seriously rehearsing lines, dances and songs....it reminded him of his high school days when he used to be an active participant in such events. He finally spotted Riddhima with a group of friends. This was a different Riddhima....she was talking nonstop, laughing....dancing around....swaying with the music they were practicing on......her personality was so different at home.......he figured the constant comparisons with Anjali at home had suppressed the "real" Riddhima.......he imagined he had grabbed her from behind and twirled all around with her in his arms.....he was startled when someone patted his shoulder, "Can I help you?" there was a middle aged man, presumably one of the college staff members enquiring why a strange man was there.

"Oh...yeh practice kab tak chalegi? main Riddhima sey milney aaya hoon.... I am her friend..."

Riddhima saw him from a distance and her heart just skipped a beat. She walked up to Armaan

"Armaan.... tum yahan kya karr rahe ho?"

Armaan turned around and saw Riddhima standing in front of him. She was wearing a blue churidaar with her dupatta tied around her waist, hair tied up in a pony with some strands falling on her lovely face and beads of sweat on her forehead.... Armaan wanted to kiss her sweaty and salty face right then but resisted, "Kyon.... kya ek dost doosrey dost sey milney nahin aa sakta?"

Riddhima smiled, "bas...I am almost done...let me go and freshen up and I will join you..."

Armaan grabbed her wrist as she turned around to leave, "Nahin.... aise bahut khubsoorat lag rahi ho.... don't freshen up...." Riddhima was startled to hear that and saw his eyes were staring at her longingly.

She lowered her eyes, "acha main apna bag laati hoon"

She untied her dupatta from her waist and placed it around her neck; picked her bag and walked out with him

"Can I drop you home?" he asked

"Nahin....main bus mein chali jaaoongi" she hesitated as she did not want to be seen with him at the house.

"Don't worry......main ghar sey thodi door chhod doonga.... please let me do that" She could not say no to his honest request.

They did not talk much in the car but were aware of each other's presence. Armaan drove as slowly as he could. He thought, "hum dono kuch baat bhi nahin karr rahe parr phir bhi main bore nahin ho raha.... Anjali ke saath itni batein hoti hain parr mera mann nahin lagta uskey saath.... I know Riddhima is the right girl for me.... we can just talk with our eyes .... we don't need words......" He remembered the passionate kiss in the store room where their lips and tongue said so much to each other and they both knew it then that they could not deny their love for each other....

Armaan stopped the car a few yards from the Gupta's residence. As Riddhima got out of the car, her dupatta got stuck in the seat. She tried to pull it out but was not successful. Armaan bent over and freed the corner of the dupatta.... he looked up and they both were lost in each other's eyes....... they spoke to each other without saying any words.

Armaan drove off still feeling her fragrance and presence in his car............