Part 15

Hey guys.... i am back and here is the next part.....
ENJOYYYYYY!!!!!!
PLEASE VOTE AND DO COMMENTS

NEW YORK-

After arriving in New York, Armaan tried to contact the Gupta's but they were all out on a month-long vacation to the Fareast. Armaan started enquiring with all the local schools and universities about Riddhima. Somehow, he was sure, she would be studying here. With all his efforts, he did find out that she was a student in the International Journalism program at the New York University (NYU). He found out the dorm where she was living in and waited outside in the lobby. A little later, another young Indian girl came out, "My name is Aaliyah.... I am Riddhima's friend here.... Riddhima is at this Indian restaurant every evening.... she sings there.... you can come tomorrow morning.... uski class 9 baje start hoti hai...."

Armaan had more than enough information. He thanked Aaliyah and turned around to leave. As he was leaving, he remembered something, "AALIYA! THANKS.... WAISE RESTAURANT KA NAAM KYA HAI?"

Aaliyah laughed, 'I was wondering tum kab poonchogey....it is called TABLA.... downtown mein hi hai.... Goodluck!" Aaliyah was aware about Armaan as Riddhima had confided into her soon after she had joined the school. They were both new to the city and in the same program and had bonded very well from day one.

Armaan arrived at the restaurant. The place was packed with people and there was no room to even wait for a table. The restaurant had recently become popular specially since they had live music on board. Riddhima was a regular there as she could make a decent income from singing. Although, Shashank paid her tuition, he did not give her much for her day-to-day expenses. Riddhima was never a big spender, but New York being an expensive city, she had to find some employment after school. She was lucky; her natural talent in singing had come to her rescue.

Armaan finally managed to find a place to stand in the bar area; he recognized Riddhima's voice as she sang in her melodious voice. He had tears in his eyes as he heard her sing this last song. He could feel the pain in her voice:

"sehna pada" from "saaya" sung by Shreya Ghoshal

jo na honaa thaa, vo mujhe hona pada
aaj kho kar tujhe, zindaa rahnaa pada
vaqt se jo milaa mujhe, vo zaKhm
sehnaa pada, sehnaa pada.., sehnaa pada ) -2

door duniyaa se teri itnaa chali aayee hooN
aaj main jism nahin, aaj main parchaai hooN
har jagah bheeD kaa sailaab tere chaaroN taraf
main apne aap mein simTi huyee tanhaai hooN
jo bhi haasil huaa, paake khonaa padaa
aaj kho kar tujhe, zindaa rahnaa padaa
vaqt se jo milaa mujhe, vo zaKhm..
sehnaa padaa, sehnaa padaa., sehnaa padaa

paas hai mere tere saath guzaare lamhe
kuchh adhoore rahen, kuchh poore ho gaye sapne
bahut sambhaal ke rakhti hooN, inko seene mein
ab is jahaan mein mere to hain yahi apne
yaad karke jinhen raat din ronaa padaa
aaj kho kar tujhe, zindaa rahnaa padaa
vaqt se jo milaa mujhe, vo zaKhm.
sehnaa padaa, sehnaa padaa., sehnaa padaa

aaaaaaaa.....aaaaaaa
tujhe hai qasam mere KhvaaboN ko pooraa karnaa
rang jo maine chune the vahi un mein bharnaa
ab inkaa jo bhi ho anjaam tujhpe chhoD diyaa
meri umeed ko tu naa-umeed mat karnaa
soonaa mere dil kaa konaa padaa
aaj kho kar tujhe, zindaa rahnaa padaa
vaqt se jo milaa mujhe, vo zaKhm.
sehnaa padaa, sehnaa padaa., sehnaa padaa

Armaan could tell that although Riddhima had come so far from him, she had missed him as much as he had.

There was soon a commotion in the restaurant. Armaan turned around and saw a man walk in with his guitar.

"Please Mr Atul ko andar aaney deeliye...." The manager tried to get people out of the way.

Armaan recognized him instantly as Atul and his band had sung several times on their college campus.

Armaan elbowed his way towards Atul. Atul recognized Armaan and walked towards him.

"Hi! Armaan? Tum yahan kya karr rahe ho?" Atul patted Armaan's back after shaking his hands.

"Bas yunhi .... tu yahan gaa raha hai na?" Armaan replied

"Of course...after that sweet lady, Riddhima is done.... phir meri turn hai..." Atul said

"tujhsey ek request hai...." Armaan whispered something in Atul's ears

Atul smiled and nodded his head and walked into the restaurant

Atul took over the mike from Riddhima and said:

"Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen....I am honored to be the next singer after the talented Ms. Gupta.....this song is dedicated to our young singer, Ms. Riddhima Gupta from her number one fan in this world.....jinka naam main abhi nahin bataoonga!"

Atul sung this version of this beautiful song "Tum bin jaoon kahan" from "dil vil pyar vyar" by Hari haran:

tum bin jaaun kahaan, ke duniya mein aake
kuch na phir chaaha kabhi tumako chaahake, tum bin.

dekho mujhe sar se kadam tak, sirf pyaar huun main
gale se lagaalo ke tumhaara beqaraar huun main
tum kya jaano ke bhatakata phira
main kis galii, tumako chaah ke ..

tum bin jaaun kahaan, ke duniya mein aake
kuch na phir chaaha kabhii, tumako chaahake, tum bin ..

rah bhi sakoge tum kaise, ho ke mujhse juda
dhah jaaengi diivaaren, sun ke meri sada
aana hi hoga tumhen mere liye
saathi mere, suuni raaha ke ..

Riddhima got restless as she heard the song.... her eyes tried to locate this #1 fan of hers....as the song finished, she finally saw Armaan waiting to be seated by the waitress at a nearby table. Armaan was looking dashing in his blue jeans, white shirt and black leather jacket just as Riddhima looked beautiful in her light blue chiffon saree. They looked at each other and smiled through their tears.... Riddhima forgot her resolution to stay away from Armaan....at that moment the only thing that mattered was that she loved him and had missed him a lot.... she knew the only reason he was here was for her.......

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! HERE IS THE #1 FAN, I WAS TALKING ABOUT.... Mr ARMAAN MALIK! all the way from Mumbai!" Everyone clapped..... Riddhima could not hold herself anymore.........she ran between the tables and hugged Armaan tightly. She held him so tightly, that Armaan felt his body being squeezed by her delicate arms......she was sobbing loudly, her warm tears covered his chest. All the guests got up and gave them a standing ovation.

Atul smiled and gave Armaan a thumbs up

Atul smiled and gave Armaan a thumbs up......Armaan winked back at him, thanking him for his help.

Armaan wiped her tears and walked out of the dining area with Riddhima in his arms. He called the waiter and said, "Riddhima aaj aur nahin gaayegi.... this is for you..." he squeezed a $100.00 bill in his hand. As it was cold outside, he took off his jacket and covered Riddhima's shoulders with it.

They took a taxi to his hotel. They did not speak a word on the way, just sat close to each other with Riddhima resting her head on his chest and he is stroking her hair and kissing her hands and head periodically. They could feel each other's heartbeat, and at that moment, they knew no one could come in between them and their love....