Part 20

Armaan dropped Riddhima back early in the morning as he had promised.

"Armaan.... next week mere exams hain.... ab ek haftey tak hum naa miley to acha hai...." Riddhima looked at Armaan as the cab came to a halt near her dorm.

"Don't worry Riddhima...main bhi ab naye project mein busy ho jaoonga.... tumhey lagta hai ki main sirf tumhare baarey mein hi sochta rehta hoon......." he paused to see her expression, "toh tum bilkul THEEK samajhti ho" he surprised her as he completed his sentence. They both laughed and hugged each other. Armaan kissed her cheek as she came out of the taxi, "GOOD-BYE! I WILL SEE YOU AFTER YOUR EXAMS...." He shouted from the window as the taxi took off to midtown, where his office was.

Armaan and Riddhima got busy over the next few days. Riddhima barely had time to eat and sleep between her classes and studying for the exams. Armaan was overwhelmed by the work after the holidays at his office. They both took out time to at least talk to each other every night.

"Kya karr rahe ho....?" Riddhima asked in a husky voice over the phone, as she lay in bed trying get sleep.

"Bas...kuch files dekh raha tha...parr sab mein sirf tum hi dikhai deti ho...." He said romantically

"Jhootey kahin ke......naukri sey nikaal dengey tumhein...."

"Nikaal dein toh acha hai.... phir tumhari sewa karoonga poori zindagi....bas...."

"Ya.... right .... sewa ab shaadi ke baad hi karna.... chalo goodnight!"

"OK.....parr shaadi ke baad itni berukhi se mera phone mat kaatna.....I want to hear your voice 24/7"

"Abhi keh rahey ho...baad mein kahogey...itni baatuni biwi mili hai.....how can I shut her up?" she laughed and hung up

Armaan just looked at the phone as he heard the clicking sound, "bahut zaalim hai......"

A FEW DAYS LATER:

It was Riddhima's last exam and she was looking forward to seeing Armaan that evening. He told her that morning that he had to go to Chicago for a meeting in the afternoon and would be gone for a week. Riddhima just said, "Koyi baat nahin.... maine kayi din sey restaurant mein bhi nahin gaaya hai.... i will stay busy.... you don't worry about me.... apnaa kaam karkey hi aana...."
The love bug had bitten Armaan hard this time. He decided to pay Riddhima a surprise visit at her school before his flight that afternoon. He had a sudden urge to see Riddhima before he left.... was this premonition?

Riddhima was in her class taking her exam. He waited patiently outside, hoping her exam would get over before he had to leave for the airport.

To his pleasant surprise, he saw Riddhima come out of the class, but she walked straight into the women's restroom.

"Oh...no.... I just missed her" Armaan kicked himself for not having quicker reflexes.

He looked around and saw no one in the hallway. He ran towards the restroom and quietly entered it, shutting the door behind him.

He saw Riddhima washing her hands; he tips toed behind her and shut her eyes and mouth with both his hands. She tried to set herself free, but he pulled her to a corner, removed his hands and stood in front of her. She was speechless from the shock!

"Armaan.... tum yahan kaise? main toh darr hi gayi thi.... tum bhi na.... aur ladies' bathroom mein......sharam nahin aati?"

He pinned her against the wall, his face inches away from hers, "Nahin aati sharam.... kya karogi? police ko bulaogi? parr uss sey pehley mujhey ek kiss deni padhegi..." he bent over and planted a passionate kiss on her lips and then moved down to her neck....