Part 11

A FEW DAYS LATER

Riddhima went to Padma's room and hugged her from behind, "Mausi, aaj mera college play hai.... aap aaogi na? yeh mera final year hai aur mera sabsey lamba role hai ...."

"Zaroor aaoongi beta.... maine aaj tak teri koyi performance miss nahin kari hai.... kitney baje aana hai?"

"saat baje.... ho sakey toh mausaji aur didi ko bhi ley aana.... chalo main chalti hoon" she was excited about the function that evening.

EVENING

Padma was getting ready for Riddhima's performance when Shashank entered, "chalo Padma...maine aaj jeweler sey 7 baje ki appointment rakhi hai......Anjali bhi wahin pahunch rahi hai.... aaj uskey liye kuch jewelry khareed letey hain...."

"Parr mujhey toh Riddhima ke college function mein jaana hai...." She protested

"Arre...Riddhima ke function toh baar hote hain.... yeh jeweler badi mushkin sey maana hai shaam ko milney ke liye.... tumhein toh pata hai Anjali kitni busy rehti hai..." Shashank put on his jacket and walked out.

In all these years since her marriage, Padma had always conceded to her husband and daughter's requests.... she could not say no...."Riddhima beta.... tum samajhdaar ho.... samajh jaayogi...." She said to herself and left with her husband.

AUDITORIUM AT RIDDHIMA's COLLEGE

The auditorium was packed with friends and families of all the students. Riddhima's college had a good reputation in the performing arts and Riddhima had always been one of the star performers every year.

Armaan, Rahul and Muskaan took their seats. Armaan had not mentioned anything to Riddhima but Muskaan had overheard him on the phone when he was buying tickets for the show. Muskaan had insisted on buying tickets for her and Rahul also.

The show started on time. Riddhima was playing the main female lead in the musical drama. That gave her an opportunity to display her talent in singing, dancing and acting.

Here is a sample of one of her song and dance performance:

"Main label" from "Zubeida"

Mere hisse mein aai hai kaisi betabiyan
Mera dil ghabrata hai main chahe jaaon jahan
Meri bechaini le jaaye mujhko jaane kahan
Main ik pal hoon yahan, main ik pal wahan

Tu baavli hai, tu manchali hai,
Sapnon ki hai duniya, jisme tu hai pali

Main albeli , ghoomoon akeli, koi paheli hoon main

Main woh rahi hoon jiski koi manzil nahi
Main woh armaan hoon, jiski koi hasil nahi
Main hoon who mauj ki jiski koi saahil nahi
Mera dil naazuk hai; Pal bhar ka mera dil nahi

Tu hai anjani, tu hai deewani, seesha lekar patthar
ki duniya mein chali
Tu albeli Main albeli.

Armaan, Rahul and Muskaan thoroughly enjoyed the whole function. Muskaan elbowed Armaan when Riddhima came to the stage in the end to receive the best performer award. Riddhima thanked everyone; as this was her final year at the college, she became a little emotional during her speech. Armaan had tears in his eyes also.... he was proud of her. Anjali's words echoed in his ears, "Riddhima is not that bright.... she is just average...." He hated Anjali even more at this moment.

Armaan, Muskaan and Rahul waited outside the green room till Riddhima came out. She had changed into casual jeans, shirt and a denim jacket; she looked very different from the girl on the stage with the heavy makeup and fancy clothes!

She was shocked to see the three of them waiting for her. "Oh...aap log.... mujhey nahin pata tha..." she said shyly.

"hum tumhein conscious nahin karna chahte the.... we wanted to surprise you.... you were wonderful.... kitna talent hai tum main...." Muskaan hugged her and kissed her forehead. Armaan and Rahul complimented her too.

"Chalo...hamare saath dinner parr chalo" Muskaan said

"Nahin...wo mausi bhi aayi huyi hain.... main unkey saath ghar jaaoongi..." Riddhima said

"Mausi kahan hai? unhey phone karr key bata do ki hum baad mein chhod jaayengey..." Rahul said as he looked around for Padma.

Muskaan was aware of the dynamics at Riddhima's home, "nahin.... yadi mausi yahin hai...toh phir unkey saath hi chali jao" she pinched Rahul on his arm to remind him of the delicate situation.

Riddhima called Padma, "Haan mausi.... main ghar chalney ke liye tayyar hoon.... aap kahan hai?"

Padma felt guilty, "beta.... mujhey zara tumharey mausaji ke saath zaroori kaam ke liye jaana padha.... tum aisa karo.... taxi lekar aa jao.... itni raat ko bus mein mat aana"

Muskaan noticed that the color from Riddhima's face drained as she hung up.

"Chalo...dinner ke liye chaltey hain.... hum baad mein chhod dengey...." Muskaan understood that no one from her family had come to see Riddhima's performance that evening. She put her arm around Riddhima and guided her to the exit. Rahul and Armaan walked behind them.

Riddhima agreed to out with them and sat down in their car as Rahul drove them to a restaurant.

Riddhima was a little tearful as she was hurt that no one from her family had come to appreciate her performance but the Malik's, who she barely knew for couple of weeks had spared time from their busy schedules to be there for her. She looked outside the window, trying to suppress her tears. Armaan, who was sitting next to her, sensed her grief; he placed his hand on hers and squeezed it as if reassuring her that he would always be there for her. Riddhima looked at him and smiled through her tears; she did not make any effort to free her hand from his grip....

They all had a wonderful dinner at a Chinese restaurant. Riddhima forgot all her sorrows and became herself in their company. Armaan was pleased to see that Riddhima could be so chirpy and talkative given the right company; he just preferred to watch her talk....and tell stories about her college life.....her music....her friends....he wanted to know everything about her......

Muskaan made sure they never talked about the Gupta's or Anjali and Armaan's alliance...
She noticed that every so often Riddhima would give Armaan loving glances with the corner of her eyes and Armaan would do the same.

After they dropped her back home, Muskaan said to Armaan in the car, "Armaan.... main jaanti thi ki tum Riddhima ke deewane ho.... parr aaj pata chala wo bhi utni hi paagal hai tumharey kiye...."

"Bhabhi...yeh aapko kaise pata chala....?" Armaan was surprised

Rahul finally said, "Muskaan sey kuch nahin chupata bhai.... you better be careful what you say and do in front of her...." they all started laughing.... Rahul continued, "main dad sey jaldi hi baat karoonga.... tumhare aur Riddhima key baare mein"

When they reached home, Rahul went into the study to talk to his dad. Billy was on the phone, "Haan Guptaji.... aap log holi paar hamare yahan aaiye.... hum har saal bahut badhi holi ka function kartey hain...wahin announcement karr dengey.... chaliye...goodnight!"

Rahul could not hear the conversation as there was music playing in the room next door.

"Dad...aap sey zaroori baat karni hai...."

"Beta...kal karengey.... meri ek client ke saath call hai 5-minute mein.... goodnight son!" Billy walked out of the study to get his bag from his room

Rahul sighed, "chalo...breakfast parr baat karoonga..."

Guys i have updated so many parts in a day which i am writing from few days.... now please please comments and vote on these parts then only i will update more parts.....
waiting for your comments and votes