Playing hard to get

After school I was walking on the trail when Chaise popped up beside me. Hey Oliver, she said smiling. Hey, I said continuing to face forward. What are you doing today, she asked? Working out, I said counting the squares on the sidewalk. Are you mad at me, she asked? For the first time all day I looked at her. Naw, why you say that, I asked. Cuz you haven't even looked my way since we started walking ,she said. Well this is new to me, I said. What's new to you, she asked. Can I ask you a question Chaise, I asked. Yeah go head, she said. What do you see in me? I asked. I see a great friend, she said. Oh yeah, I asked. Yeah, she said not looking at my face. I touched her hair admiring how long it had gotten since her last year and she trembled a little or so I thought. She looked up at me and gave me a shaky smile. I walked her to her house making small talk with her. We talked about our classes, basketball, and track. Her face lit up every time she talked about different events in track and which ones she liked best. I told her about my plans after high school and she told me about hers. When we made it to her house we were both laughing about our day and the awful attire we saw. I walked her to her door and we just stood there and stared at each other. Something we both had been avoiding on the walk home hit me hard in the gut. Pure lust was pumping through my veins and Chaise was the reason. All the dreams I had about her came flashing through my mind and I felt my self control slipping. Oliver, Chaise whispered snapping me out of my daze. Yes, I said trying to sound normal but it came out sounding husky. I-I have to go in she stuttered not breaking eye contact or moving. I slowly stepped toward her and she stepped back. I stepped forward again and she stepped back, but this time her back hit the door. Oliver, she whispered breathily. Yes Chaise what do you want, I whispered my mouth inches from hers. I want you off of my porch, she said her voice shaky. You sure you want that, I said licking her bottom lip slowly. Y-yes, she said. Okay, I said taking a step back. See you tomorrow at 5:45 I'm walking you to school, I said. She nodded forcing her shaky hand to open the door. I walked home with a smile on my face. I marked on my calendar behind my room door day one successful.