Chapter 3

I can feel the tension in the air as I sit next to hyungwon. He's radiating happiness towards me but as soon as he glances at the person sitting between us and the bowl of boiling stew in front of us on the table, he clenches his molers and forces a smile. A smile that seems harmless if you don't know hyungwon.

"So..." Jooheon adverts his eyes,
"how long have you two known each other?"

He's being so awkward right now. I mean, it's not like hyungwon and I are a thing or whatever. It's almost like he walked in on our date and Hyungwon insisted he stays just to show him that he doesn't see Jooheon as a worthy opponent in a typical love-triangle drama. I mentally roll my eyes.

"Oh, Somi and I? We've know one another for, like, ever."

Jooheon raises his eyebrows.

"We've always been by each others side, right Somi?" He grins and puts his arm around my shoulders.

What are you even doing, hyungwon? This calls for another mental eye roll.

"Right, haha" I let out, unamused. I lean forward, partly to escape Hyungwons clutches, partly to add vegetables to the pot.
Hyungwon adjusts himself.

(A. N: its a traditional Chinese hotpot. The stove is on the table and you get to cook the stew yourself, adding whatever ingredients you prefer.)

"Must be nice." Jooheon says, almost a whisper.

"What must be nice?" I look up at him and meet his surprised eyes. He must of thought I wouldn't hear him.

"Uh... To have a friend you've known know for so long." He scratches the back of his head and his cheeks glow slightly. I can't help but stare at his face. It looks so unreal.

What's wrong with you Somi? Aren't you used to being around dangerously breathtaking handsome men? How can you be so engrossed by this man's visuals?

Hyungwons voice snaps me out of Jooheons trance.
"You don't have anyone like that?"

Jooheon looks at Hyungwon, then at me. His eyes staring into mine, like he's waiting for me to answer.

"I don't think so." He finally answers in a monotone way.

I feel like that's a lie. Have we met before? I mean, considering he looks extremely familiar to Matthew? Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me this whole time and Matthew is just a made up person by me. I heard that all the faces you see in your dreams you've seen at least once before.

His reaction sets my mind on a rampage of thoughts and I fade out of the conversation between the two men.

I feel a warm touch on my shoulder.

"Somi, do you want some soju?"

I collect my thoughts and return back to the situation.

"Uhh no thanks." I decline Hyungwons offer.

"Girls shouldn't drink alcohol anyways." Jooheon adds.

I raise my brow at him, turn to Hyungwon and grin.

"On second thought..." I grab the green bottle in front of him and empty the last of its contents into my unused water glass. It fills 3/4 of the cup. I take one last glance at Jooheon and chug the clear liquid. I slam the glass on the table and wipe my mouth with my sleeve.

If there's one thing I hate more than men, it's sexist men.

"Somi.." They say in unison.

"What? I've developed a taste of alcohol over the years." A lie. I hated the smell, let alone the taste of alcohol. I just couldn't stomach Jooheons comment. It made me angry and want to show off. I might not like it, but I have a high tolerance for alcohol, so it played out to my advantage.

"Aigoo..." Hyungwon complains.
"We've got an alcoholic on our hands." He takes a sip from his glass.

In the corner of my eye I see Jooheon smiling at me.

"So she can drink..." He mutters.

__________________
A. N: SO YALL I know it's not much but damn I forgot how hard it is to write! More coming soon~

PS. HAVE YALLS SEEN THE EXO TEASER OMG I'M DYING THANK YOU GOD IT'S HAPPENING