Chapter 4: Why?

{Samus POV} 

As I walked back through the laboratories with 3 federation troopers behind me I couldn't help but ask one question. Why? I shut off my coms so the federation troops couldn't hear me

"Adam. why did you call the federation? And why are they helping me?" I asked in a low voice

" I called the federation because they were on the way here anyway. I do not know why they are helping you or why they were coming here." He responded

I looked at the troops through a reflection in some of the broken glass. I found the door to the camera chamber and stepped inside. The federation troopers walked to the end of the platform where Kraid had appeared. I looked down toward the bottom of the room and saw a few control panels active on a lower platform. The troopers looked and nodded as they jumped down a rocket pack leading them. I jumped toward the platform and grabbed the edge pulling myself up. The troopers pressed the button and a center platform rose up to meet us. A bridge extended to connect the two and I stepped onto it. 

"Looks like the data logs here are mostly intact" The troopers said and one of them started hacking the files. "Samus. You may need to look at this"

I looked at the console and felt a sense of Dread rush over me. The console read: 

Project Dread: An experiment done on the Pirate Homeworld to convert Metroids into an energy source for weapons. That experiment failed.... On the homeworld. 

My eyes widened as I saw the next words appear.

Project Dread is complete. Metroid energy has been harnessed into weapons. Simulations against The Hunter's suit have gone well.

I slammed my hand down on the table in anger and when I looked at the screen again the next words chilled me to my bones.

A critical error has been made. One of the Metroids in the SR-388 habitat was left unsupervised. It has grown into a Queen. Others grew into Omega Metroids around it. All personal are evacuating to the secure bunker. Crocomire, Kraid, And Phantoon. Are guarding the base. Other specimens that were managed to be retrieved  from the BSL station will most likely escape. Luckily none of these specimens are infected with X.  

-End Log

I looked at the troopers. Their faces were hidden through their visor but I could see they were slightly shaken. 

"We need to kill these Metroids and blow this place" I said seriously "I saw one of them flinch and narrowed my eyes turning away "Let's go."