The 7th Day of Christmas

"Steven? James? Do you boys want to make gingerbread cookies?" Sarah called out to us. I looked at Steve and his eyes told me yes yes yes, so we walked into the kitchen.

"We'd love to, Mrs. Rogers," I said. And so, she set it up for us by taking out all the ingredients and bowls and spoons, then just let us be.

"I'll be in the living room, boys, if you need me," she said, hanging her apron.

"Alright, thanks mom," Steve replied.

We started mixing ingredients randomly when a completely brilliant idea sprung it's way into my brain. I plucked up a but of white flour between my fingers, "hey, Steve?" He turned to look at me and I smudged it onto him cheek. His eyes grew wide and his mouth hung open in shock. His face burned red as a smile popped up.

He stuck his finger into the brown batter and went to put it on my nose. I leaned back to get out of the way, but I was too slow and so it went right onto my lip. My lips parted and some of the batter hit my tongue... It was so sweet. I licked the rest of it off slowly and looked right at him... But he took it as a joke and started laughing.

And I joined him.

Then, it was an all out (silent) food fight (we didn't want to disturb Sarah). There was flour and icing and sugar everywhere... I brought my finger up to his nose and took off some of the white icing and licked it off of myself. "Look at us... We're such a mess..." He chuckled and took some icing off of my face and licked it off of his finger, too. I, however, didn't find it funny. I watched him longingly until he looked away.

We then spent the next hour and a half finishing up the cookies and cleaning up the whole kitchen. Sarah didn't even notice...

Oh well.

----------
James_BuchananBarnes