2

I stuck my head out from the cloth to see a small break in a part of the barrier and decide that the best way to get anything done would be to make a bigger opening, I literally rolled over to the edge of the metal barricade and used my legs to inch one side of it open enough to be able to squish through. No sound yet. I look over to Hannah and theres a group of three girls crouched down behind the barricade she's behind and I launch over to them. My anxiety has never been at such a high level as it is right in this moment.

"Get under the stage, someone else is down there help him. Run. Now" I said before I even hit the floor. Two of the girls trusted my judgement immediately, one had frozen.

"What's your name"I rushed her

"Ally" she whimpered

" How old are you Ally"

"15" Holy shit these are all children

"I'm Skylar, and that little girl right there" I pointed to Hannah "She's playing dead on top of her sister to keep her from bleeding out" I told her "I am scared shitless too, but there are people dead and dying and I need you to pretend to be brave for me okay, for five seconds, please" I begged her, she still was too scared to move.

"Hannah, We need to hide under the stage it's our safest bet right now okay" I watched as that same woman from before lead a group of four girls into my hiding spot. "I'll carry your sister I promise we will be right behind you" I was already lifting Hannah off her sister and the girl was crying harder than before and I soon saw why as her sister had gone completely pale. I felt my heart drop as I lifted this tiny limp teenager.

"Go" I didn't give the choice this time, as I was getting Kendra under the cloth I heard a different but equally terrifying round of bangs, we were obviously caught in our hiding place. I didn't look but I heard the screams and when I turned around I could see the streams of light shining in from the holes in the tapestry.

"I'm a nurse where was she hit" that same fearless woman demanded

"Lower right rib cage probably skimmed a lung she's got a lot of blood coming up" I noticed a young girl assigned to keeping Luke alive trying to see what was going on over here to which I responded "She's not your main concern here he is, we are trying to keep everyone alive not be the heroes for the weakest ones, put more muscle into it" she Immediately darted her eyes down to Luke again.

"Okay let's lay her on her stomach, keep the blood coming out of her insides as much as possible" She decided, I had no disagreements there. I held the Jacket in place as we turned her around. With every breath another drop of blood hit the ground. But it meant she was breathing.

"Um, why is there blood on me?" One of the girls I sent in here was sitting up higher on the dirt incline, seemed to only be mentally scarred at the moment. She also seemed to be scared of blood.

I walked up to her to see that it was drops, like when you get hit with one of those first big drops of rain from a storm. But this blood was seeping through the floorboards of the stage, and it was warm which meant someone was still up there.

"Oh fuck no" I whispered to myself though I knew everyone heard it. " Anyone who is not physically injured needs to help, give us your extra clothes, anything that can be used to block a wound." I started going off of my very little emergency situation training, a half hour long class I took over a year ago that you don't ever pay close attention to because you stupidly assume you'll never need it. "If one of you begins to get tired switch off, but never let go"

"You three Go to Clara" The nurse pointed to Ally and her friends, then motioned in the direction of the girl that had been trapped under the barrier.