Chapter 2

Each one of us must have done something which caused another domino effect to the people surrounding us. We may or may not know it but I'm sure there is. For us, it must have been completely insignificant or presumably useless, but then for others, it probaby resulted from one thing that led to another.

My sister Joana, was the kind of person almost everyone would love to be with. Yes, was. She was beautiful, smart, compassionate and forgiving. She have  never stepped on people all throughout her short span of life. She was carefree and optimistic that everyone surrounding her would magically smile and laugh amidst the problems they had. She was the peacemaker of the family and was my second acting mother. Joana was a complete sweetheart.

This is why it shocked the living daylights out of everyone when they found out that she had committed suicide.

A freaking suicide.

Is she even suicidal?

Nope. At least not until she met the great Adam fucking  Fox.

She had told me one summer evening that she was going out with someone. She was so happy and in love when she told me their story. How fucking fantastic. Our parents were very strict when it comes to us, that was why only I knew about their secret relationship.

Secret.

At first, I thought it was held secret because of my sister's reason. That the reason behind it was actually my parents uptight rules. It was then that I found out later from my sister's crying sobs, when she told me that Carter, Adam's second name, didn't want their relationship to be released in public for some confidential reasons. Fucking reasons. I tried to comfort her and even went as far as to telling her to break it off as soon as possible. ASAP. I never really knew Carter or Adam or whatever, I don't  really care, but based from my sister's exagerrated description of him; he was a certified god damn douche of a human. I mean, what kind of person takes you to a date in a stupid secluded area or some place unknown to human kind? What kind of person takes you somewhere eerie and off of prying eyes? Did my sister not deserve a proper date where the guy taking you is supposed to be showing you off instead of obviously hiding you?

My sister was too blind to see that something was definitely off with their so-called-relationship. Even after just hearing all her blabber about everything that is happening with them, you could easily conclude that their relationship is just one sided.

***

"Okay, what did you just say about hottie a while ago?"

I glanced at my non-stop talking best friend who was scribbling furiously in her notebook.

"What?"

She snorted and glared at me.

"What do you mean 'what'? You just called Adam effin' glorious a stupid pig! Are you blind or 'what'?" She said and mimicked the same dull voice I had used when I answered her the 'what' word.

"Because he is." I told her shortly.

We were in our calculus class which turned out into a free time since Mr. Gilinsky didn't show up. This was one of those subjects where Carlile ditches for some disgusting make-out session. Seriously, that kid is lazy as bum. He doesn't do shit for grades which is ironic since he decided to actually come to school. A place where grades are gods and quizzes are your food.

"He is so not! How could you even say that."

One thing that Leila is good at is annoying the life out of you. Her overly squeaky voice adds up to it and her stereo-like volume in the way she talks- more like shouting- to a person, gives her another advantage.

"You don't know him Ley. He may be gloriously handsome as you put it, but what if his personality is more rotten than a dead foul animal?"

Yep, his personality is way way way way more disgusting than that of a decomposing dead flesh.

"And what do you know of his personality?"

I know a lot. Enough to say that he has no humanity in him.

"I-I don't. Just being cautious, that's all." I shrugged at her confused look.

Leila was my first best friend when we moved here in Metro City 3 years ago. We being me, mom and dad. No Joana.

"Anyway, do you know where Carlile is?" I said, trying to steer away from the topic about that douche.

"He must be eating faces with some cheap slut again, somewhere in the janitor's closet. Where else?" She said with a shrug.

Trying to concentrate more in my unfinished equations, I randomly realised what would be my answer later in our Biology reporting.

What are the causes in extinction of species?

Answer:

Calculus  and  a certain someone named Adam.

Boo-hoo.

***

Opening the steel door of our penthouse, I walked inside and threw my shoulder bag into the couch which landed to the sleeping person in it, mainly Carlile.

"Ow fuck. What did you do that for?" He shouted when my bag landed straight to his face.

I met Carlile a day after I met Leila. It turns out that he was the son of my mother's business associates so by virtue of my annoying mom, we totally clicked and tada! We're suddenly BFF.

"I didn't expect someone sleeping there since it's basically not a bed. Ever heard of that?"

Our penthouse had 3 rooms. It was actually a large space we had in here. Leila sometimes sleep in here if by miracle both of them isn't fighting.

I turned to the kitchen and grabbed for a large bowl of salad that we had this morning.

"I'm so glad I missed Calculus this afternoon."

I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why? Did you get a good lay? You're disgusting!"

"No! Well, aside from that, I heard from the faculty when I passed by, that the Fox Enterprise is sponsoring a camp to somewhere. Can you imagine that? A friggin' camp!" He exclaimed excitedly.

Can I imagine that?

A fucking camp!

What my imagination is conjuring right now is on how how to possibly kill a person using the spoon I am currently holding.