「 TWO 」

dear renjun,

i wish i could stay away from you. but it's so hard, when you keep smiling at me, and your eyes are so inviting and smiley.

today you asked me out, asking if i wanted to catch a movie with you. i could feel everyone's eyes burning with hate and jealousy into my back as i struggled about how to answer you.

that was the thing, whenever you talked to me, everyone would focus all their attention on us, and hate me for even being friends with you.

in the end, i gave in to the temptation to go out with you. i noticed your eyes light up and your pink, plump lips curving upwards as you smiled.

oh, how beautiful.

you reminded me of a masterpiece, one that i wouldn't mind staring at everyday.

your hands wrapped themselves around my shoulder and gave me a squeeze. you probably didn't know how the slightest touch of you gave me goosebumps, and my heart would always bump erratically, my heart filling with euphoria.

just having you talk to me would make me so happy.

then, at the cinema, things got even better. we were watching a horror movie, and i had the chance to huddle close to you as i screamed in terror. i knew i shouldn't be doing this, as i might be spoiling your reputation, and my feelings for you might even get deeper.

but i couldn't stop myself, because whenever i saw your smile, my heart would just flutter.

during the movie, i could feel your lips near my ear, muttering sweet nothings to me to calm me down as i almost sobbed in fear. your arms were curled around my shoulder, and your fingers were squeezing mine.

it felt as if the entire world had stopped, and i was filled with delirious and pure happiness. this was the first time we had even been this close.

but sadly, i knew i would never date you, no matter how hard i tried to win you over.

from,
yiren.

— ♥ —