Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Come on Ashley, can you move any slower?” I complained to my best friend.

She huffed and rolled her eyes at me. “Well these things are so heavy; it’s not my fault that I’m not as strong as you, Hercules.” She said, pulling her suitcase into the dorm lounge.

I rolled my eyes at her and continued to walk to the dorm office.

“Good morning” The woman at the front desk smiled. ‘’how can I help you?’’

‘’My friend and I are the transfers from Eastburg. I am just making sure our information and credits transferred correctly.’’ I smiled back at her.

‘’ okay one moment please.’’ She began to type away on the computer. I took that chance to look around the office. I could see Ashley, through the clear window, still trying to pull her suitcase and in the end giving up. That changed once a cute guy walked up to her and, my guess, ask her if she needs help, because all of a sudden she started touching her Marley braids and smiling.

‘’ excuse me miss?’’ I turned and gave her an apologetic smile.

‘’sorry.’’

‘’that is fine, I just wanted to let you know that you can pick up your program in the Admissions office which is the building on the left,’’ she handed me a map of the school campus. ‘’ and here, she pointed to a part on the map, is where the transfer committee will be to tell you what is going on around campus with all the different events, teams and clubs.’’ I nodded, taking the map from her, examining it.

‘’ here is your room keys, you and your roommate are in the South building, Room 53A.’’ She handed me the keys and circled on the map where the building. Right now, we were in the North Building. ‘’and let me be the first to say Welcome to Williams University!’’

I gave her a bright smile and thanked her. I took everything and walked to Ashley who was still talking to that cute guy.

‘’ Hey Ash, I got the room keys and everything.’’ I was now standing between them, but all she did was nod. I mentally shook my head and turned to the guy. ‘’Hello, I see that you met my best friend.’’

He gave me a smile. ‘’ yeah, she is a cool person, but I can see that she lied to me about her name.’’ he turned back to her. ‘’so your name isn’t Mona, I’m guessing?’’ she smiled sheepishly.

I answered for her, smiling. ‘’Nope.’’

‘’hey it’s my middle name so it’s not technically lying.’’ She cut in. He laughed and it was one of those laughs that made you laugh too, not because it was contagious but it was awkward.

‘’hey don’t laugh at me, I know I have a weird and awkward laugh.’’ He said but I was still laughing with Ashley. I wiped my fake tears and gave him a grin, which he returned.

‘’I’m not laughing at you just with you.’’ I assured him. He just nodded. ‘’well since my best friend,’’ I gently pushed her ‘’didn’t introduce me, I’m Krystal and if you didn’t know her real name, she’s Ashley.’’ I gave him a small friendly wave.

‘’ I’m Damion.’’ He was brown skinned with a fade, about maybe 5’10’’ and a pearly white smile.

‘’nice to meet you, Damion.’’

‘’likewise, so where are you girls headed?’’ he asked.

‘’the south building.’’

‘’ I thought we were going to be in this building.’’ Ashley pouted. ‘’ We carried all these bags here for no reason.’’