Chapter 5

Lamar P.O.V

          I slowly dragged my hand over my face, I was tired and annoyed from lack of sleep, now you have this professor just babbling. It was college algebra, and this old lady was just talking everyone’s ear off. Taking this class in the evening was a bad idea; everyone told me that I should just take college algebra in my sophomore year; I should’ve just listened to my own instincts and took it first year.

          Saving my youth, the campus bell rung, signaling the end of an hour. Walking out the class, my iPhone flashed. Taking it out, I saw it was Shaq. He wanted me to meet him in the dorm lounge. I replied and made a detour to the Café, knowing Shaq, he’s always late, so why not take my time. Walking in the Café, it was a little busy. At the time they only had a few selections. Grabbing whatever chips they had, I went to the fruit bar, getting an apple.

          When walking to the cashier to pay, I spotted a familiar face.

‘Shit’ I mumbled. It was my ex’s best friend. She was the type to make a scene for no reason; I never liked that and that why we never got along. When my ex and I broke up, she said that it was my fault and that ‘she knew’ I was a bad person. All I can say is that she’s lucky she’s a female cause I would’ve smacked fire outta her. Quickly paying I walked to the door, trying not to draw attention to myself. By the time reached to the door, ‘’well look who we have here’’ a squeaky voice said behind me. I did a silent prayer before turning and facing the beast.

‘’you can’t say hi to an old friend?’’ Amanda said pouting her lip. I gave her a look of disgust, she looked like she was chewing her top lip.

‘What you want?’’ giving her a bored look. ‘’I got places to go, so bye.’’ I turned; going to pull the door open, the she came outta nowhere and held the door back.

‘’why you making shit difficult for her? Don’t act like you over her and shit. I know you still love her.’’ She smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes; I was getting real annoyed. ‘’get the fuck out my face!’’ I pulled the door open with force that it hit her big ass forehead. ‘she probably gonna have a lump.’ Thinking to myself, I laughed. ‘that would be an improvement on her face.’ At the same time, she ended up bumping into someone behind her.

‘’what where the fuck you walking!’’ the person exclaimed. I kept on walking to my destination. Poor Shaq was probably worried about me (mark the sarcasm).

‘’Nigga you think I’m done with you!’’ she walked after me, but it was hard for her to walk, with those heels how would anyone be able to walk in those. ‘’don’t walk away from me!’’

          I acted as if I didn’t hear her and kept walking, she kept making a scene with all this yelling. Nevertheless, all she looked was crazy. Shawty looked like she was lost and crazy, seemed like she was talking to herself more than someone. People started to stare and whisper, I guess she noticed because after a few steps I didn’t hear anything. I didn’t need to turn around to know that she left.

‘Now I can go in peace.’ I thought to myself. At the same time, I realized something. ‘I didn’t deny still having feelings for my ex and I think her little ratchet friend noticed.’

Damn I need to get my shit together.

­­Thinking about what just happened, I started to walk to the student lounge that was near the back of the dorm building. As I walked through, I scanned the room looking for this nigga.

‘I hope he still coming, cause I don’t like wasting my time.’ I thought to myself. Right there and then my eyes focused on this girl near the large window. Squinting, I noticed it was that girl from the party, I never ran into her until now. Debating in my head if I should walk out and bail on Shaq or go to see what’s up with her, she looked up, for a brief moment. Her eyes resting on me, then just as quick as it happened it, she went back to whatever she was doing.