Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Krystal POV

Physical Attraction:the degree to which a person's physical traits are considered aesthetically pleasing or beautiful.

Sexual Desire:a motivational state and an interest in “sexual objects or activities, or as a wish, need, or drive to seek out sexual objects or to engage in sexual activities

I looked at both definitions to figure out which one I felt. Sitting on my bed, with my legs crossed, I looked away from the computer that was in front of me and thought about it. Looking back, I reread the definitions for probably the tenth time. Okay now I know it can’t be sexual desire, because I know when I feel that way, plus it wasn’t that long ago that I was ‘busy’. Even though 6 months would be a long time for other people, it wasn’t that long for me.

Thinking back to that moment with Lamar, we just stood there observing each other with our hands and eyes, what seemed like forever. Even though it wasn’t forever, but maybe just about five minutes. Nevertheless, that’s still a long time to be standing so close to someone, attractive, and not do anything.

‘’Hello!?’’ I broke out of my thought and turned to Ashley, who was giving me an annoyed look.

‘’Yeah..’’ I cleared my throat. ‘’Mhm Yeah.’’ She gave me an odd look.

‘’Is everything okay?’’ she asked.

‘’Yeah’’, I answered too fast. I never told her what happened to days ago.

She moved closer. ‘’No you’re lying, what’s going on?’’

“Should I tell her?”, I thought. “It’s not a big deal right. No its not a big deal.. but then it kinda is, what am I kidding its just dumb.”

‘’KRYSTAL!’’ I jumped.

‘’yea?’’

‘’you just did it again.’’ She folded her arms, cross her small chest. ‘’I was talking to you and you just went completely blank and into your own world. What’s up with you?’’

I looked at her chin to keep myself from looking into her eyes.

‘’Nothing Ash. How’s Damien?’’

‘’Don’t try and change the subject-‘’

‘Did you know you have a little pimple on our chin?’’

‘’what did I say about changing – wait what!’’ she ran to the mirror and looked on the right side of her face. She glared at me. ‘’there’s nothing there you ass, now tell me what’s wrong!’’

I sighed in defeat. I leaned back on my headboard, while she sat on the edge of my bed. ‘’so remember two days ago when I went to the study lounge?’’  she nodded her head. ‘’well I bumped into Lamar.’’ I watched her reaction, all she did was raise an eyebrow and wait for me to continue.

‘’well after we decided to hang out and what not. He’s a cool person by the way,’’ she gave me a look. ‘’yes, stay on topic I know. Anyways, we ended up going to the dorm and.. could you please sit down?’’ the minute I said ended up in the dorm, she shot up, thinking probably the worst.

‘’and what happened Krys???’’ she asked.

‘’nothing happened.’’ I assured her. ‘’I swear, but the thing is that we just stood there, looking at each other, his hands on my hips and mine on his stomach.’’ Thinking about it again, brought butterflies.