Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Krystal P.O.V

          Getting ready for the party seemed like more work than getting unpacked. Our room was a mess with clothes thrown on the bed and the desk. To make it worst, Anya was in here, doing her makeup and hair, so it was pretty much hectic.

‘’what about this?’’ I looked up, Ashley was wearing a short lace black dress. I shook my head.

‘’it’s a college party, not a lounge or club.’’ She sighed in frustration going back to her pile of clothes, looking for something else to wear. She wasn’t the only person having problems, for me it seemed like everyone liked what I was wearing but me! It was annoying and frustrating. Looking between two outfits laid on top of my clothes-filled bed, I was deciding between high waisted shorts with a bright muscle shirt top or my blue tie-dye romper. Looking in between them and thinking of everything single scenario that could happen at the party, I decided to wear my romper.

As I tied the strings holding up my romper, Ash walked in front of me, twirling in her now tenth outfit.

‘’what do you think.’’ She was wearing a plain white crop top with high waited floral shorts, exposing her pierced bellybutton, with moccasins. Her braids were pulled into a ponytail, touching her lower back, with a white bandana. I nodded in approval. She looked good. I posed for her showing my outfit and she approved of it too.

‘’are you guys ready?’’ Anya asked us. She was wearing ripped shorts, with tan sandals and a cropped floral tank. Her red hair was curled and makeup not cakey.

‘’yup, wait let me just spray myself.’’ I walked to my dresser, slipping my tan moccasins. I picked up my favorite scent Hello Darling from Victoria Secret. While I sprayed I checked my makeup and hair in the mirror. I braided the front of my hair bringing it in a low ponytail, letting my curls drop at my neck. I had sure I put little makeup, knowing that it was most likely going to sweat off. Only putting mascara bringing my almond brown eyes out against my peanut butter complexion and lip-gloss. Approving of how I look, fixed my gold hoop nose ring, and left our dorm room.

‘’so how’s your roommate? You never told us about her.’’ I asked Anya.

She rolled her eyes. ‘’She’s a neat freak. She freaked out when she found an open can of soda on her desk. But I guess other than that she’s cool, just quiet.’’ I nodding,

‘’is she coming to the party?’’ Ash asked, texting on her phone. Anya shook her head. ‘’I don’t think so, she looked like she was getting ready for bed when I left to go to your room.’’

‘’no offense but she sounds boring.’’ She just shrugged.

‘’yeah but as long as she’s cool and not in my way.’’ Anya was the type of girl that was loving and sweet but her whole demeanor changes when she’s pissed off or anger. Its like she goes into Bitch mode, and trust me, you don’t want to see that.

Turning the corner, you could hear the music vibrating through the walls. As we got closer you could smell the alcohol and feel the body heat. Making our way through the crowd, we grabbed drinks, lightening our mood. Swaying to the music, Ashley spotted Damion on the other side of the room, near the bar. ‘’come on, I see Damion.’’ We made our way through dancing bodies and made it to them. It was two of them with Damion, Samuel and some other guy.

‘Bae you came!’’ he exclaimed, already jumping on Ashley.

Anya and I turned to Samuel and the other guy, knowing Damion was tipsy. We started talking when Anya giggled. Rick, who was also Damion’s friend and Anya’s boyfriend, came up from behind her, whispering in her ear. Pulling her away, Samuel introduced me to his friend, Lamar. I smiled slightly and I thought looking at him, ‘he looks familiar’.