Chapter 1 | Meeting One's Idol

The school bell rang, signalling the end of the semester. But for a certain class of students, it was the final year of their middle school lives. Indeed, for these students, they were going to have to enroll for highschool next year.

Among these students, was Izuku Midoriya.

The entire class was ready to take their leave as the teacher gave them his last advice for their futures. Izuku, on the other hand, was busy going through his hero notes, while wracking his brain on how he would enroll himself into UA.

UA, a prestigious school known for producing the best heroes this generation has ever seen. One of them, being All Might. Anyone with even a small desire to become a hero would want to choose UA as their education for the future.

The problem Izuku had however, was that he didn't want to use his Quirk. He still felt it wasn't a Quirk that could be looked upon as Hero's quirk. As he was contemplating over his situation, a slap on his back brought him back into reality.

"Oi! Deku! Are you mumbling to yourself again?!"

It was Katsuki Bakugou, another student who attended school together with Izuku. He was also his best friend since childhood.

"K-Kacchan! C-can you not just hit me like that?"

"Huh?! What are YOU going to do about it?"

To many, these two wouldn't seem like the best of friends with how aggressive and somewhat hostile Bakugou was.

"You know I can't fully control my Quirk right? I can't help it if you suddenly knock me out and I attack you.."

A somewhat disgusted expression appeared on his Bakugou's face, as he smacks Izuku over the head using his Quirk, causing the poor boy's face to smack against his desk.

"You're seriously underestimating me, aren'tcha?!"

Storming off with rage, this was a usual scene for the students of the class to witness. Izuku mumbling to himself, Bakugou physically getting his attention before he runs off after Izuku unintentionally downplays his abilities.

Deep inside everyone's hearts, they were going to miss looking at this scene once they all separate. One of the students even made illustrations about every style of contact Bakugou made to catch his friend's attention.

But, the school day was coming to its end, and everyone had to pack up and leave. Izuku himself took a long route back home so that he could think by himself for a bit.

"Dad..if you didn't do what you did that night..would I have ever discovered my Quirk..?"

Izuku both blamed and thanked his now gone father for awakening his Quirk. If he hadn't found it, it was likely he would have absolutely 0 chance of joining UA and in turn, never become a hero.

But there was still the nature of the Quirk which made it seem more fit for a villain than anything.

Off in the distance, a Hero was in combat with a Villain, or rather, was chasing them down. The Hero in question, was All Might, The No. 1 Hero.

It was a game of cat and mouse, All Might was considerably slower than usual for some reason as he chased a villain whose body was composed of sludge.

"I won't let you escape after what you've done to the people, villain!"

In truth, All Might could just jump into the skies and perform a diving attack to close the distance, but he had to consider the collateral damage of doing so. He decided against it in the end.

The sludge villain, on the other hand, was about to reach a dead end on the next turn, and All Might knew this full well. The game was about to end with the hero catching the villain as usual. Except..