Chapter 04: Meeting the Boyfriend

This chapter was edited on 2/1/2016 and includes minor changes, as well as a major character name change. Enjoy!

**************************************************

I wasn't really tired, after having sex with Chris. Usually I'd at least have a bit of a worn out, relaxed feeling that tends to come with being well-fucked, but that time it wasn't there. Mostly, I think, because neither of us had been really into it. Maybe my sexuality was only questionable under more drunk circumstances. Whatever the reason was, after maybe an hour—being generous—of sex, Chris and I found ourselves laying side-by-side on his bed, staring up at the ceiling in the dark. I was sort of surprised when he didn't kick me out immediately, but I wasn't about to complain.

Still, the silence was getting a little unnerving. Neither of us had said anything to the other for the last hour, and now just lying there not doing anything was getting boring. So, I decided it was the perfect time to start asking invasive questions again, because why not? The worst the guy could do was kick me out.

"What's your boyfriend's name?" I asked quietly. I had to admit, I was shocked when Chris gave me an immediate answer instead of giving some argument about why I shouldn't know.

"Eliot."

I nodded, then remembered he couldn't see and stopped, clearing my throat. "What's he like?" I asked. Chris's shoulder brushed against mine where we were laying, signaling that he'd shrugged.

"I don't know. Nice, I guess. Quiet."

The answer seemed unusual, to me. How does someone now know what their own boyfriend is like? Shouldn't that be something, sort of important? I wasn't able to keep the frown off my face, but I figured it was fine. Chris couldn't see me, so it didn't matter what kind of expression I had.

"You don't know what your own boyfriend is like?"

Chris snorted, and I could imagine him rolling his eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm not used to talking about it with people I just had sex with."

"If you could consider that sex. More like continuous humping." I mumbled. He elbowed my side for that, making me hiss through my teeth. "Asshole. Okay then, if he's so nice, why are you cheating on him?"

"Not important."

I really wanted to give Chris an incredulous look for that, but unfortunately he wouldn't be able to see it in the dark. It didn't stop me from turning my head toward him though, raising an eyebrow. How could it be "not important"? Obviously it was important enough to have Chris sleeping with other people.

"There's gotta be something. What, are you bored with the relationship?"

"Drop it," he replied, and I sat up slightly to lean on my elbow, looking down at him—or rather, the shape of him, which was all I could see without the light.

"Well I'm just curious if he's a nice guy—"

"Arden, drop it or get out." Chris cut in loudly, and I could vaguely see him glaring up at me. I sighed and slumped slightly, tapping on the bed and staying quiet for a second.

"Alright. Sorry." I mumbled, laying back down and staying quiet. Of course, me being myself, it wasn't quiet for long. "I'm just curious is all." I added after a moment.

"Get out. Now."

I had to stop myself from laughing as I sat up, looking around for my clothes. "Okay, okay, fine. I can't find my shit, I'm turning on the light."

The loud "No" coming from Chris's direction barely registered as I turned the lamp next to the bed on and looked over to him, my eyes immediately going to his stomach and chest. All over his body were various bruises, cuts, and a few scrapes, some older and most of them newer, the same vivid purple as the one I'd first seen on his neck a week ago. That didn't bother me as much as the hand-shaped bruise on his right upper arm, which looked newer than anything else.