Seven | | Introductions

Dιsсlαιмεя: I own no Canon characters that shall be used within this story。Only the OCs, as well as the setting in which the beginning of this tale has taken place。 All other things within the Narutoverse belong to none other than the marvelous, Masashi Kishimoto。READ ONWARD, LOVELIES!! ( ' ▽ ' )ノ《

〜〜〜*〜〜〜

The night had dragged on for Ayama and Midori. It was one filled with reminiscence and sorrows, some of which were unspoken and left alone, while others had been shared. They'd decided it was time to shove aside their pains and welcome the day that awaited them come morning. They'd left their house as the sun was rising and had went to a local clothing store for women and children, purchasing themselves a couple of outfits to last them for their first month.

Midori had opted for a couple of t-shirts---one was white, while the other was a pale green---and a pair of light-gray knee shorts and a comfy pair of capri-like bottoms. She'd also purchased a blue pair of shinobi sandals. Her mom had went simple, just like her daughter, and bought a red, Chinese-oriented dress and a few casual outfits. They'd went back to their home and changed into casual attire, then strode towards the Hokage's tower. Midori knew that she'd be starting at the Academy of the village; however, she wanted to be at Ayama's side to see just what kind of job was in store for her mother.

As Midori walked past the village's tiny park, the girl noticed a young blonde haired boy swaying slowly back-and-forth on a chain-linked swing, his large blue eyes examining the young children walking with their parents as they passed. Furrowing her eyebrows, Midori watched as he glanced over at her and smiled. Shaking her head, rather than returning the gesture, Midori caught back up with her mom and tugged on the hem of her shirt---straightening the wrinkles out.

Once they entered the red-painted tower, ascended the stairwell, and arrived outside of the Hokage's office, they were welcomed in by the aged man and a new ANBU member---a male---standing at his left side. Hiruzen sat behind his desk, his right hand clasping a thin paint brush and dark brown eyes examining the scroll beneath his hand. "I hope that the both of you slept well," he said, as he signed the bottom of the scroll and dried the black ink.

Ayama and Midori both bowed before the man and nodded. "Well enough," affirmed Ayama, to which Hiruzen smiled and rolled up the scroll.

"Good," he said, handing the scroll to the ANBU, who removed it from his grip and performed a single handed ram seal, then disappeared in a cloud of smoke. "I suppose it's time we figure out just what kind of career you're going to be placed under, Ayama-san."

The woman bobbed her head. "Yes, Hokage-sama."

"What skills do you possess, Ayama-san? This will help me in assessing just where you belong and what positions are open."

"I-I used to work as a nurse's assistant at the village's medical center . . . back in the village," she replied, her blue eyes staring blankly at the floorboards.

Midori stared at Hiruzen as the man clasped his fingers in front of his mouth and slowly nodded. "I see . . . then it looks like we'll just have to find a place for you amongst our hospital's staff."

"If that's what would be best . . . then so be it," she said, shifting her attention to the man as he snatched a piece of paper from a tablet to his right and began writing down a sort of permission slip for the woman.

"They'll know what to do when you get there," he said, signing his name in sloppy kanji and rolling it up to give to her. "As for you," he said, aiming his tone towards the blonde standing next to her mother, "I want you to get to the Academy. Your class will be waiting for you in room 2-A, on the second floor."