Head And Balls

"Go on..." She replied slowly. Fletch had stealthily crept out of his son's room and back to his own bed.
"I...I...I love you Jac Naylor." No he couldn't do it. He couldn't hurt her. He couldn't risk losing everything they had.
"Oh you numpty, I love you too. Now get some sleep so you can come and see me bright and early in a few hours." She audibly smirked as she spoke. The man smiled slightly at the happiness in her voice and was proud that he was the cause of it.
"Okay, goodnight Ms Naylor." He replied equally as content and hung up.

But then it hit him. He was hiding something from her. He knew she would never forgive him if she found out that he had secrets. He couldn't break the trust that had taken months of pain to build up. He dialled her number again and waited for her to answer. Fletch's fingers drummed on the mattress softly beside him as he clasped the phone to his ear with the other hand.
"Missing me already Fletcher?" She teased immediately.
"Jac...there was something else. Something else I need to tell you. And please don't get upset with me." He paused to gauge her reaction and then took a deep breath. "It's Abi. She's pregnant." He paused once again and was left with silence so he carried on. "It is mine. But she wants to terminate it. She doesn't want a baby. She was never the maternal type anyway. I'm so sorry Jac. This was never meant to happen." He rambled.
"Okay." She stated simply and his jaw dropped.
"What? Aren't you mad?" He asked, astonished at her calmness.
"Well I won't deny it is a bit annoying. But how can I be mad? You didn't cheat on me. It happened before 'us' happened. And anyway, these things happen. Why do you think I have Emma?" She spoke softly and his racing heart slowed back down to a normal pace. "Although she might be one of the best things to happen to me, it wasn't intentional."

He listened as she spoke so sweetly about her daughter.
"Thank you." Fletch stated randomly.
"For what?" She asked, puzzled.
"For understanding. For everything. And I meant what I said earlier. I love you Jac Naylor. I want to yell it from the rooftops...but I won't because I would like to keep my head and balls thanks."  She laughed at how well he knew her.
"Well I would like to keep seeing your handsome face everyday so cutting off your head wouldn't help much. And well as for the other part, that wouldn't be a pretty sight to look at with those missing would it?"
"Is this your attempt at being flirty and a bit nice Naylor?" He asked teasingly.
"Don't mock it. Or else I might have to sacrifice the face." She threatened with a smile.
"Sure, whatever you say, whatever you say." He replied in pretend defeat.
"Correct. Now go to sleep Fletcher. You're still coming to see me tomorrow right?" She checked as Fletch looked up to find his eldest daughter stood in the doorway to his room smiling. He knew he didn't need to explain for her to know who he was talking to at this time in the morning. He watched as she left and continued to the bathroom, still with a smile plastered to her face. "Of course I am." He grinned down the phone line.
"Oh well that's just great." She grumbled jokingly. "Love you." And then she hung up the phone as the nurse stared up at the ceiling in disbelief at the woman he had fallen hard for. She was certainly one hell of a woman.