Chapter 3

My name resounded in my mind about a billion times. Why would my people choose to send me to fight to the fucking death?!?! What have I done to these people so they would decide that? Everyone stared at me as I walked through the rows of children. I could hear an occasional gasp and an occasional sigh of relief. I just want to kill all of them right now. I walked up the stairs and to the stage.

"Well, shake hands you two" Petunia said to Kathryn and me.

I realize my hand is shaking and so are my knees. I extend my hand to Kathryn and she shook it. Good thing her hand was shaking too.

"Can we have a round of applause for our tributes?" Exclaimed Petunia.

Most of the people clapped, making me despise them even more. I could see my mom crying in the back and my dad trying to comfort her.

"Fabulous. Follow me" said Petunia Flaregrass to us.

I look up and force my feet to follow her inside the Justice Buiding. After I walk inside behind Kathryn, I hear the doors close behind us. We are going now to the rooms where our last visits will take place. I sit down. My eyes start to water, and I think I'm going to have a total meltdown soon. My mom and dad enter the room and thats when the tears start rolling in. Even my dad started crying. After we all calmed down a little my mom told me that she will love me no matter what happens.

"Take this. You can take one token of your district into the arena." Said my dad while giving me a necklace with a tree on the bottom.

"Thank you , Dad"

I put the necklace around my neck. Immediately, some Peacekeepers barged in and shoved my parents

through the door. My parents started screaming that they loved me and I could hear my mom screaming like crazy until they probably took her outside. A Peacekeeper came and took me to another part of the train where I saw Kathryn, Petunia, Darren, and Timeron sitting down on different chairs. Kathryn looked like she had just cried a bucketful. Darren looked like he was high ( which he probably was). He started to be on marijuana and other weed drugs after his Hunger Games. His Humger Games was tough on him so he probably started on drugs to forget about the Hunger Games. Timeron was just in a corner reading a book. He doesn't have a real problem (that I know of). He just reads a lot. Petunia Flaregrass is fixing her makeup in front of a mirror. Kathryn is looking out the window waiting for the train to start moving. I guess that I should go talk to her about this whole dilemma. I sit in the chair next to her.

"Hey" I say.

"Hello" She told me.

"Why the fuck would they choose us?!" I just couldn't hold it all inside anymore.

"My friend told me that the adults chose the people they most thought that could win the Games"

I thought about this. People thought that I, Trevor Danbark, could win the Hunger Games?! What kind of lunatic would think that.

"So... Do you, um... think that we could like actually uh... win?" I ask her

"I would like to know that myself. I was almost off the Reaping entirely! This was my last damn year and I have to be chosen!"she almost screamed.

"Yeah..."

I'm still thinking why the people could think that I could win.

Suddendly, the train started moving to the Capitol where we would stay the last days of our lives.

----------------------()---------------------

I hope you are liking the story. If you have any ideas about how the story should continue, then comment your ideas or suggestions. And please give these chapters stars (votes). Thank you!! ✨😊

;)